• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

£570 for a 7900GX2 GFX Card??

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Even if they were £800 they would sell like hotcakes. People will happily pay the money and whilst people are happy to do so NVIDIA and Etailors will keep making very high margins when demand is greater than supply.

Associate
Gibbo said:
Hi there

Even if they were £800 they would sell like hotcakes. People will happily pay the money and whilst people are happy to do so NVIDIA and Etailors will keep making very high margins when demand is greater than supply.

You and spie must be rubbing your hands with glee. I dont think 900 euros for what is essentialy two 7900gtx's is that bad.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't see it as ridiculous, if you're limited for space inside your case (for example) then why not get one Dual card instead of an SLI setup? It's cheaper than seperate cards as well. If you want the best PC gaming graphics setup in the world then why not buy a Quad SLI setup? It's meant for people with cash to burn who want the best. All this bleating is just sour grapes, this is an enthusiast PC web-site, if you're so worried about "value", go and by a D*ll.

Soldato
Since when has this website been only for enthusiasts?

Last time I looked it sold everything from low end right the way through to high end kit.

OcUK Staff
oweneades said:

Last time I looked it sold everything from low end right the way through to high end kit.

Very true, the problem is everybody want everything but for nothing. ;)

Associate
I know that 2 GPUs on one card has been done before, but it's always seemed to me to be an easy route to SLI for those who do not have an SLI mobo. It looks like the price for one of the babies is going to be quite competitive in relation to the price of two 7900gtx cards. I am, however, making the big assumption that one of these quad sli cards can be used in isolation in a mobo with one PCI express slot.

Ginga

Associate
OP
Arcane said:
All this bleating is just sour grapes, this is an enthusiast PC web-site, if you're so worried about "value", go and by a D*ll.

"enthusiast PC web-site"?? Come on now, according to you? Or are you speaking on behalf of all the members of this forum and customers of OcUK? Last time I looked, the range of items on offer here spans from low end to high end, catering for all types of users so your statement doesn't really warrant as a general statement imo.

oweneades said:

Cheers oweneades, you beat me to it :p

Soldato
If it retails at under £700 then it'll be better value than SLI and (for me) pretty tempting.

As for the enthusiast website thing, well we're talking about a high end enthusiast part on a website called "Overclockers", so I stand by my comment, the fact they sell value products is by the by, the best analogy I can give is some oily Vauxhall Corsa owner going on the Ferrari website banging on about how a sports car is a waste of money and ridiculous etc. If you've nothing constructive to add then don't bother.

Soldato
Arcane said:
If it retails at under £700 then it'll be better value than SLI and (for me) pretty tempting.
Dunno if it has changed, but last time I saw the spec, you will not be able to use these cards as a single card SLI solution. They work in pairs only as a quad setup.

Associate
OP
Arcane said:

As for the enthusiast website thing, well we're talking about a high end enthusiast part on a website called "Overclockers", so I stand by my comment, the fact they sell value products is by the by, the best analogy I can give is some oily Vauxhall Corsa owner going on the Ferrari website banging on about how a sports car is a waste of money and ridiculous etc. If you've nothing constructive to add then don't bother.

Listen mate I don't want to argue - let's just agree to disagree and keep this thread streamlined. You have your point and I have mine, I guess that's what makes up one of the many facets of a forum.

There may be people that want to spend in excess of £700 for a gfx card (or maybe £1400+ for quad) and if you have the money then go for it it's your money...but I personally found those prices quite shocking.

From my perspective and those who cannot afford to pump £1400+ in to gfx alone, you have to draw a line between price/performance.

PS: I don't think you can run it in single card mode - must be dual (quad), though I may be wrong about that.

Last edited:
Soldato
BubbySoup said:
Dunno if it has changed, but last time I saw the spec, you will not be able to use these cards as a single card SLI solution. They work in pairs only as a quad setup.

That's a shame, Quad SLI is out of my grasp financially, the new house has emptied the bank account :rolleyes:

danderson said:
Listen mate I don't want to argue

Cool, no problem.

Associate
I would consider getting one, if this is a Dual-Slot card with normal length and height, would be ideal for a beefy micro-Atx system, since Sli-mobos for micro-Atx a hard to get ..

Back
Top Bottom