• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Superb This Week Only Deal - Huge ATI Price Reductions!!

Associate
xknight2000 said:
I know the Crossfire board is an XT but it will work grand with the XTX card. I just want the most preformance that I can get.

As far as i know you wont get any extra performance from having the xtx. In crossfire the cards run at the speed of the slowest one you have installed.

Associate
xknight2000 said:
I know the Crossfire board is an XT but it will work grand with the XTX card. I just want the most preformance that I can get.

I was under the impression that with Crossfire it runs at the slowest cards speeds so will the XTX not just clock back to XT speeds??

Edit: beaten to it.

Soldato
xknight2000 said:
Aparently they both run at their own speeds but if one has less pipes then both will run with the same ammount of pipes as the lesser one. But speeds are always at their own.

That's correct

I did think that they would run at the slowest speed, as in SLI, but in fact they each run at their fastest speeds

A crossfire card and an XTX will be a little faster than a crossfire card and an XT

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

If your thinking of buying be quick as nearly all PowerColor and Connect3D stock has sold out. Once they've all gone you have missed your chance as when our next delivery arrives prices will return to what they were previously.

Still plenty of Sapphire left and reasonable numbers of Hightech but they will start dropping fast once the other lines run out.

Be quick!! :)

Associate
Gibbo said:
Hi there

If your thinking of buying be quick as nearly all PowerColor and Connect3D stock has sold out. Once they've all gone you have missed your chance as when our next delivery arrives prices will return to what they were previously.

Still plenty of Sapphire left and reasonable numbers of Hightech but they will start dropping fast once the other lines run out.

Be quick!! :)

Quick translation... You're making us loadsa money, but i want more!!! ;)

kbc

kbc

Associate
The problem is, shall I take the plunge and get one of these X1900XT-X graphics cards or shall I wait and hold for the 7900GTX price drops... (and for all we know the 7900s probably won't drop that much)... but how long would the wait be...

If the worst comes to the worst, I'm going to miss out either way. :(

Associate
kbc said:
The problem is, shall I take the plunge and get one of these X1900XT-X graphics cards or shall I wait and hold for the 7900GTX price drops... (and for all we know the 7900s probably won't drop that much)... but how long would the wait be...

If the worst comes to the worst, I'm going to miss out either way. :(

Or if you rush in now and they become even cheaper like they normaly do then you'll be kicking yourself, one things for sure they will ALL go down even further these are not shares on the stock market they ALL go down it's as reliable as death and taxes take my word for it.

Associate
I resisted temptation; the prices are great for sure, but my X850XT-PE is still running everything just fine for now so I'll wait for DX10 I think and skip this generation completely.

Soldato
Teal said:
I resisted temptation; the prices are great for sure, but my X850XT-PE is still running everything just fine for now so I'll wait for DX10 I think and skip this generation completely.

hold one... does thart mean these cards arnt DX10 compatible or somethign ?
Rick

Associate
Same deal as ever, they will work with DX10 just like the DX8 cards worked with DX9, they just don't fully support it in hardware.

Don't worry, it will be some time before you *need* DX10 unless you want the full Vista capabilities, but that won't be for more than 6 months, and longer than that before you see games needing it.

Back
Top Bottom