What new Phone?

Soldato
Hi,

I currently have a motorola V500 which is getting old and slow and battery is nearly dead.
So what phones out there that are really good? or is there any good ones out coming soon?

I would like something with a camera/video and have mp3/poly ringtones.

And looks stylish, not worried if its clambshell or normal phone. PAYgo Only!also be handy with removable memory too

any ideas thanks? Im noob when it comes to these things :-/

Last edited:
Soldato
Expanding on the contract point I think he means you could get a contract with a free phone for £25 p/m, and just put the money to one side to pay for the whole year. Considering you'd pay for it monthly, you could even up the budget slightly if you wanted to, as you won't have to pay for it all in one go.

Returning to what you asked for, you can get a Orange SPV C550 for only £99 on PAYG, and thats a pretty powerful device in terms of functionality given the Windows Smartphone OS, and associated software avaliable for it. The 6630 is a shade over £100, and offers similar functionality (although I'd get the SPV, I don't like the 6630 personally). What network are you on?

edit: Sony Ericsson K750i looks very good for £150 on Orange. Good Camera, and can be 'flashed' to have the same music functionality of the W800i.

Last edited:
Soldato
9761 said:
That orange spv550 looks good is there any newer versions of this phone or is that the most upto date spv orange phone available?

cheers

C600 but I would try and get the i-mate/qtec version as this will have wifi and the C600 has had it diabled.

Soldato
Spamalot said:
C600 but I would try and get the i-mate/qtec version as this will have wifi and the C600 has had it diabled.

The C600 does not have any wifi hardware in it IIRC. There is no possibilty of it ever being 'enabled'. Go for the i-mate version instead and then debadge it with a sugar cube :D !

Soldato
9761 said:
Hi,

I currently have a motorola V500 which is getting old and slow and battery is nearly dead.
So what phones out there that are really good? or is there any good ones out coming soon?

I would like something with a camera/video and have mp3/poly ringtones.

And looks stylish, not worried if its clambshell or normal phone. PAYgo Only!also be handy with removable memory too

any ideas thanks? Im noob when it comes to these things :-/
For around £300, you're looking at a Samsung D600. According to my mate, you can put a card in it.

Back
Top Bottom