Double 30" Dell Fun

Associate
In another post i said that the 3007WFP that i had was faulty, it had major backlight bleed and one of the USB ports wasnt working.

Well, Dell finally got their act together and have sent me one, but havent picked up my old one yet, so i set them both up together:

YEE.JPG

In that image above, the girl in the background is as big as me.

CCX.JPG

Some more action above.

Now onto a serious matter, the image below shows both of the screens next to eachother with blank screens, the one on the right is the faulty one that i want to send back, but it also appears that the one on the left has backlight bleed also.

BLEED.JPG

After the last two weeks i have been through so my S^&t with dell that i cant be bothered to argue for another replacement, so which one do you guys think i should send back to them?

Associate
Although the one on the right seems lighter, it does seem much more even. One on the left looks rather patchy. :eek:

I think you should keep the one on the right as long as you don't do a lot of viewing in a dark room.

Looking at both images on the pics above, they both look superb and after all most of your use will be with an image on the screen, hard choice to make though after spending so much money.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I found it on a site called too inappropriate for a family forum, its a class site, then i photoshopped it to that res, not very good quality but nice to view.

Dell havent actually contacted me yet about picking it up yet, but so far im not that impressed with using dual screens, i find that i have to look to the left when playing FPS, and i need to switch the right screen off before i play the game.

Still good fun though.

Associate
wow I had no idea that the 7800gt had two dual-link dvis to support a dual 30in setup...

as far as which one to keep it looks like a tough decision you should watch stuff on both screens and see which one looks better to you during the darker scenes other than that I dont really think you'll notice a diff between them...

Associate
OP
Yeah thats a good idea, im not using a 7800GT, ive got an x1800xt now and that has, should update my sig though.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Associate
t_aitch said:
Now onto a serious matter, the image below shows both of the screens next to eachother with blank screens, the one on the right is the faulty one that i want to send back, but it also appears that the one on the left has backlight bleed also.

After the last two weeks i have been through so my S^&t with dell that i cant be bothered to argue for another replacement, so which one do you guys think i should send back to them?

To be honest if it was me id send both back particularly when i consider the price of that monitor.

Soldato
Depends, those pictures probably make it look 20X worse than it really is, does when I use and camera to try and get the backlight bleedage on my dell 2005fpw, but how can you not like that screens looks amazing - you cant get any better at the moment your at the top of the tree mate.

Associate
IMO both monitors look b0rk3d, the one on the left is far richer so id keep that one but might as well argue for another one that hasnt got bare back light bleed. Mate both are fked u **** request another one, prob both refurbs or somming, surely they dont come brand new with back light bleed?

Last edited:
Soldato
To be honest, i would return the one on the right and just keep the left hand one as unless you play 'dark' games @ native res - which on the graphics card you have is possible - then your unlikely to notice it too often.
My 2001FP has some nasty bleed in the top right hand and bottom left hand corners but i don't notice it in Doom III/Quake IV so its not a problem to me - although it is sometimes visible when watching films with black border top and bottom but thats something i can live with!
And yes brand new monitors do come with backlight bleed - it's something which you can't really iron out 100% as yet afaik :o

Associate
OP
Manifest said:
IMO both monitors look b0rk3d, the one on the left is far richer so id keep that one but might as well argue for another one that hasnt got bare back light bleed. Mate both are fked u **** request another one, prob both refurbs or somming, surely they dont come brand new with back light bleed?

Oh ge

Soldato
Nice - that is a good setup (if only for a few days).

BTW, slightly OT but that car, is it the Tommy Kaira ZZ-II by any chance?

In any case, they both look slightly off - I think that the one on the left is better (seems more colourful) but backlight bleeding in both :(.

EDIT: Nope, no open front grille port :( Oh well, what car is it? I recognise it.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
smids said:
Nice - that is a good setup (if only for a few days).

BTW, slightly OT but that car, is it the Tommy Kaira ZZ-II by any chance?

In any case, they both look slightly off - I think that the one on the left is better (seems more colourful) but backlight bleeding in both :(.

EDIT: Nope, no open front grille port :( Oh well, what car is it? I recognise it.

Its a kkkkeeeooonnneeezzeeeeegggggg ccx mate :)

Ill probably send the right one back for now then, and send the other one back when i can be bothered, its a lot of hassle ith dell!

Back
Top Bottom