best online bank?

Soldato
I use HSBC for my online/offline personal account.

For fully fledged online only usage you can't beat the offshore HiSAVE account by the ICICI Bank. See here. They have one of the best inerest rates for instant access savings accounts going, no silly speical offers just a damn good interest rate. Plus you get the added kudos of saying you have an offshore account :).

5.15% AER!

Last edited:
Associate
phill said:
HSBC here - can't fault it. Apart from the IB number is too long for me to remember (probably a good thing) :)

They use to have a live chat feature where you get advice/help with a person from customer services online. Can't find that anymore though :confused:

you get used to it actually...

i know all the numbers for my credit cards and dbit cards, including all the start end dates, issue numbers and security codes.

i used to know all of my friends and families phone numbers but not a chance since getting a mobile.

oh, and HSBC for relative ease of use

Permabanned
Scuzi said:
First direct - Absolutely flawless service. The customer service is second to none, I really couldn't be any happier with my bank :)

the only problem is sometimes they ask me to enter consecutive digits for the online password.. i mean come on!

Soldato
I use Halifax and think their online service is great - useful having branches as well though.

Some friends of mine use IF (Intelligent Finance) and say its good - but no highstreet branches is a big no-no for me tbh.

Soldato
Do i need to repeat myself!?:

LeperousDust said:
For fully fledged online only usage you can't beat the offshore HiSAVE account by the ICICI Bank. See here. They have one of the best inerest rates for instant access savings accounts going, no silly speical offers just a damn good interest rate. Plus you get the added kudos of saying you have an offshore account :).

5.15% AER!

Associate
Xpander said:
Another vote for First Direct.

Best customer service EVAH! Not just banking, but any industry I've ever encountered. Brilliant. Oh and their online service, especially 'Internet Banking Plus' which rounds up all your finances so you can see what is going in and out financially in your life...

And £50 for joining them!

the Plus service is great, bank building society account, mortgage, credit cards etc.. all at a glance - and acces to them as well if you need to do anything with just one click

Also added bonus of being able to use HSBC for over the counter

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Barclays iBank ;)

Only one I've used, but it does seem to do the job nicely.

Soldato
Only used Ibank Barclays and TSB. ibank wins by a clear mile, though doesnt feel as secure (in that the TSB security checking etc is tediously extensive).
I use ibank more often though, never had any problems.

Back
Top Bottom