Any Mech Warrior Games on the Horizon?

Soldato
Hey guys,

How cool would it be if we had a decent online mech warrior type game, along the lines of say WoW.

You start off as a junior trainee, you have to qualify to be a mech warrior. You can then choose to go fight for one of the houses or perhaps gain employment in a merc unit.

Work your way up from say a poorly armed and armoured locust and so on.

How cool would that be?

Of course it would have to be in first person, ie you sit in the **** pit, none of this 3rd person stuff.

Mech warrior mercs online and with a role playing element!!! WICKED!!

:D

Soldato
Yeh, with loads of weapon upgrades, body upgrades armour and frame etc etc. I think it would be pretty cool.

Although, i would like to see an updated warbirds sort of game.. Online dogfighting.

Soldato
I suppose.. I always liked mechwarior games, i liked the bit where you could put three huge energy using weapons on your mech and when you fire all three i cant remember if you either blew up or your mech just shut down due to too much power usage lol :D

Soldato
Datamonkey said:
it was either fella, lol depending on the weapons and the ability of the heatsinks on your mech at the time.

Lol. Thought so. Then yes, this would be a good idea. Although.. if they made the mechs sluggish it'd b e kinda annoying. I guess they would have assault class, scout class, heavy armour with massive weapons class :cool: etc

Soldato
OP
would be the best way of doing it,

You could have the light class mechs, also you could possibly play as groud support or even have to start off as ground support, it would be a really good venture i think,

Surprised it hasnt been done.

Soldato
OP
i think so, but planet side turned to crap pretty quick, as is common with soe games!!

Its the whole mech warrior culture and such that i want in a game though.

If anyone has read any of the books, they will know what i am on about lol

Permabanned
it would be great if something along the lines of armoured core came out on the PC, they're great on the PS2 but would be easier to play online with a PC.
Shame the controls have always sucked on AC though

Soldato
Agree with above.

Some cool mecha games coming for the Xbox 360, but none appear to be coming to the pc.

MS owns all digital Mechwarrior stuff now. MW5 was canned during devleopment a while back & since then no word of anything new for the pc unfortunately.

Associate
I would love to see a new mech game for the PC come out, i did'nt really play the previous games only demo's but i did play AC and a few demo's of MW, im thinking of getting the old MW games and having a bash.

As for the Mech game on Xbox 360 im definately gonna be getting that :D i think Chrome Hounds is due 31 this month ?

**edit** i've seen it listed as 26th May

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Which AC game is good to get right now, I know two new ones are out this year but I've lost touch :)

Soldato
Yea it'd have to be proper detailed and fun though.....

I have a fetish of just equipping mechs with MG's and just strafing everywhere to hell and back, taking all the incoming fire and going out in hideously pointless blazes of glory.

Mind you, I used to do it in I-War too.........weapons & thrusters to full, FULL BORE FOR THE BLOCKER!

Associate
we need a new mech game!

the amount of hours i played mechwarrior 4 lol

the mechs were cool and good fun, equipping AC's and running at the enemy.. I think we should sort some kind of mechwarrior 4 : vengance online game :p

Associate
It might be worth a look at Phantom Crash (XBox) or Steel Lancer Arena International (PS2).
These two are basically the same game, with slight re-styling, new maps and an online multiplayer facility for the PS2 version.
It's a Manga style mech gladiator game, with quite cool graphics and designs. The Xbox has a wonderful near-photorealistic intro of two mechs fighting in deserted city arena.

Phantom Crash

SLAI

Back
Top Bottom