Next day train tickets?

Don
Is there any websites that offer next day delivery train tickets?

Obviously it's cheaper buying traion tickets in advance, just wondering if there is a site that is decent out there?

I'm going to edinburgh from North Yorkshire on Saturday, and am looking for the cheapest possible option.

Thanks

Man of Honour
Next day delivery? :confused:

I thought it was you either paid for tickets for the next day or you didn't. If you need to travel tomorrow then you pick them up at the station...

Suspended
thats what i thought, you ordered the tickets but picked em up at the train station. Im off to manchester airport tomorrow by train, not paying a penny though, have never paid for train tickets :D

Associate
Why do they have to be delivered? Just by them online and collect them from the machine/office on the platform

www.the trainline.com Not especially cheap but all websites use the same search function and the price doesn't vary

In advance generally means atleast 2 weeks before you travel to get them cheaper in my experience.

Don
OP
You didn't read my first post correctly.

I usually buy tickets in advance as it's a lot cheaper, buying them on the day, there silly prices.

Example, it would cost me £22 to get from North Yorks to Brighton from Internet. On the day, it would cost over £100.

I'm off to edinburgh on saturday, was hoping I could order some tickets in advance to get them cheaper in time for wed.

Man of Honour
andybtsn said:
Question answered.

But not correctly.

Different tickets are available at different times. You can buy advance purchase tickets such as SuperAdvance up until the day before you travel. These are often significantly cheaper than the price of a walkon day return.

Even the very cheap tickets, such as those offered by Virgin, are available 3 and 7 days before travel. Whilst its true that further discounts can be had if you book at least 14 days before, it's certainly not the end of the world if you don't have 14 days..

Che

Che

Associate
Can you always get SuperAdvance tickets? I tried to buy tickets from Milton Keynes to Birmingham and return and the price wouldn't change even if it was weeks in advance :( Getting there at about 8pm 1st April and leaving at 9am the next day (2nd April) if anyone can have a look for me :)

Suspended
One More Solo said:

my dad worked for british rail for 22 years, him and his dependants all recieve free train passes which allow us to get on nearly all trains for free! Very sweet tbh as its helped me save a lot of cash over the years. Oooh this my 1000'th post as well :D

Soldato
If you buy tickets from machines at the train station, even on the day they're not stupidly priced, I've always found its no cheaper to buy 1 week before than it is to buy on the day. What you really do need to avoid however, is purchasing on the train itself, as this can get very pricey.

Soldato
Che said:
Can you always get SuperAdvance tickets? I tried to buy tickets from Milton Keynes to Birmingham and return and the price wouldn't change even if it was weeks in advance :( Getting there at about 8pm 1st April and leaving at 9am the next day (2nd April) if anyone can have a look for me :)

Your problem is you are leaving at 9am the following day. Tickets before (I think) 10:30 carry a premium. Book your return for after 10:30 and see the price drop :)

Soldato
Most large train stations have fast-ticket machines so your tickets are available within the hour. For smaller stations the tickets are faxed and will be there the next day usually (so order them today, they'll be faxed there tomorrow)

Best bet is to ring the operator and ask them what they can do for you. You can also ask for the cheapest tickets which they have to offer you, even if it's not on their trains! :p

Andre said:
Tickets before (I think) 10:30 carry a premium.

Entering and exiting a large city during rush hour carries a premium :)

Back
Top Bottom