Perfume (still life)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The red stuff is my blood, might need a medic ¬_¬ (not...heh)

ph_DSC_4800.jpg

Looking at fashion mags at work sometimes I always see page spreads like this sort but obviously with text and whatnot in the blank areas. Harder than it seems, getting the glass to look right in one shot, found I had to underexpose heavily then bring out the details slowly in PS after and dodge tool the grey BG to white.

Also dust on the objects is a pain in the butt when doing macros :s

Exif says f1.0, twas actually 2.8.

Last edited:
Associate
I think it is great. I have never tried glass, but I think I will give it a go now I have seen this.

Also, thought your website is excellent. Did you design it yourself or is it using a back-end of some sort?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
Thanks guys, I did design the site from scratch, I'm quite used to building things from scratch with just a rough idea in my head so decided to do that instead of use a template or backend. CSS nuts will shoot me for using an iframe but it's fast for me to work with and it works on all browers so I just stuck with it :)

Deleted member 11679

D

Deleted member 11679

Your iframe can be forgiven because they do have their uses ;)

Nice shot, do like the way the red is set against simple colours.

Tom

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
Well I just got a call this afternoon and have an interview next week for a new job, new camera MAYBE sooner than expected!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
Fstop11 said:
Oh thats excellent. A new job would mean you wouldnt have to fork out on some buget nikon brand. Good luck ... :)

O RLY!? :p

D200 + 17-55 2.8-G......................£2100
Hoya 77mm HMC PRO-1 UV........£44
Hoya 77mm CPL.........................£59
SB800 + Stofen.........................£286
.............................................£2489

And at a later date
AFS-G VR 70-200mm...............1185

After extensive research and sample viewing and checking out in shops etc I found out those 2 are Nikons 2 most prized lenses for edge to edge sharpness at any setting. SHould be cool I think :eek:

¬_¬

Back
Top Bottom