Went to look at an Impreza today...

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
...and came back wanting an R32 GTR :(

Had a sit in it, guy came out with the keys and started it up, my god the noise it made when you blipped the throttle.

I daren't have asked for a test drive as I know I'd have wanted it :(

Really did like the retro interior, it was so well thought out. It even has a guage to tell you how when and how much torue is being diverted to the front wheels! And no stalks on the steering column bar an indicator.

Must resist....

Last edited:

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
OP
Yeah it was a big-ish car but nowhere near R33 size.

Wasn't too lardy iirc as well, they had a rex there as well but the GTR pipped it for me :)

Loved the looks as well, much better in the flesh.

I'm now tempted with one of the old R32 GTSTs, think they were only 2 litre turbos though, could be wrong :( Still pretty nippy, rwd, can be tuned :)

This looked cool for a cheap thrill :)

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Not bad for the price, the GTST is getting very cheap. It would only be the GTR for me though.

Having said that, I prefer the Rex.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
OP
I'm sure the Rex is a better drive, can't comapre looks as they are totally different machines.

Just reckon an R32 would be cheaper to run, and with doing 50 miles a day a rex could get expensive :)

Still can't buy anything new for at least 6-7 months so am stuck with the french box till then :(

Soldato
yeah the old R32 GTST's are a 2ltr turbo :) still shift tho ;)

i have a mate with one.. nice cars..

go on i dare you.. stretch to the GTR... its that dare to be great moment you have been looking for :p

Soldato
Skylines absolutely rock my socks. I think a mint R32 looks as good as anything, and some of the kits for them are fabulous, get the sucker up to 600bhp and you be big pimping :p

DSCN7880.jpg

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
OP
See, ^^ looks almost totally standard body wise, wheels and all, stunning (could be for all I know) :)

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Ev0 said:
See, ^^ looks almost totally standard body wise, wheels and all, stunning (could be for all I know) :)

Yeah, they don't need huge kits to look nice. Just a nice set of wheels, and dropped on some coilovers and they look awesome :cool: :cool:

Soldato
The annoying muppet on my Block had one forsale, it was tagged 10,000pounds for an M reg. The car is nice i must admit but this neighbour of mine just sits in the car and rev it for 10mins sometimes and god it is loud.

Two weeks ago, it was stolen where it was parked next to my fto :eek: . The weird thing is no one heard any sound of engine starting .....oh well things happen.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Stonedofmoo said:
The R32 is just an ancient and dated looking Japaneese car. I dont see why people like the looks of it

At least the R33 and 34 look up-to-date

The R33 just looks like an overweight S14A, and the R34 looks too 'messy'. And both are far too lardy.

The 32 on the other hand isn't too heavy, has nice, clean lines and has cool, 'old school' look.

The real old-school Skylines are the best though, like the R30 I posted a while back :cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom