Faulty memory RMA or return to manu

Associate
I have today build a new system, identical to one I already have using Cosiar 4000Pt xms memory (2gb ) pair. This memory is faulty, in one machine windows just restarts or gives blue screen, IRQ not less or equal on install on another machine this memory will either restart windows when running 3d mark or windows just restarts, Both are a8n32 boards. I have two other pairs of memory which work fine, tested and benchmarks ok with the other RAM.

I am 100% that this memory is faulty. I plan to drive down tommorow and return it, What is the returns procedure ? Will they insist of testing it ? In this case will they do it while I wait ? I simply dont want to drive 2 hours without wasteing my time

Associate
OP
I ran memtest - one machine got errors both in single chanel and dual, if I start the machine up with the memory it just craps out, machine restarts when running 3dmark 2005 on my machine. doesnt even boot into windows on the other.

I spoke to ASUS and they reacon they it may be an issue with XMS they said to upgrade the bios I already have 1009 on both machines.

So long as I know the score before I drive near 100 miles there and back to the store I am fine, I am just looking for a bit of reassurance. If they say that its a compatiblity issue will they take it back , I dont mind paying a restocking fee so long as its not a daft percentage !

I have the original packing and receipt order number etc. If anyone has had any prev expierence returning something like this Id be please to hear.

Otherwise I`ll just give em a ring in the morning.

Soldato
Always a good idea to call. That said - it must be fit for purpose. If it's not suitable for all types of motherboard it should have a note attached to it's description saying - this may not work on [insert your motherboard here]. Otherwise it's not a compatibility issue is it?

To me a compatibility issue is something like - you bought DDR RAM but your motherboard is DDR2 or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom