Just bought a plate from regtransfers . . . .

Associate
Car I'm buying needed it's reg plate changed over. It's takeing 7-10 working days.

Edit: You can go down to the post office and fill in a form to do it I believe.

Man of Honour
Did you check to see if the plate was available from the DVLA first? Most of these private reg sites simply buy the DVLA plates and charge you more!

Soldato
Does anyone know where I can find Suffix plates? For example..

XYZ 123K

Basically the older style number plates. I've tried looking at the DVLA website and I'm sure theres a link but I can't find it anymore!

Associate
[TW]Fox said:
Do not buy from anyone other than http://www.dvla-som.co.uk unless the plate you particularly want is available there.

DVLA is the cheapest and best way. Most other sites simply buy from the DVLA and then charge you more.

from lookng at some plates of the dvla , reg transfers / new reg can do them cheaper though .....so shop about people

Man of Honour
cdcopyman said:
from lookng at some plates of the dvla , reg transfers / new reg can do them cheaper though .....so shop about people

No they cannot, DVLA price includes the DVLA transfer fee, the other sites do not. If you buy from another site you must also pay the DVLA the transfer fee.

Man of Honour
How much, £494?

Now you've got to pay the DVLA £80 assignment fee, whereas had you bought that reg from the DVLA, it would have cost you £499 including that fee.

For example, D11 MBL is still on there - DVLA want £499 inc everything, Regtransfers want £494 excluding the £80 transfer fee.

Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom