Are wheelspins really bad for your car?

Soldato
Well its not going to do your tyres any good for a start. Plus I would assume depending on the grip levels offered by your tyres the harder it is for the car to break traction the higher the forces are on your transmission.

Personally, been driving the misses car for a while now and it has dreadful front tyres which lose grip if you spit on them. Annoying having to adjust from 4WD to FWD.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Nah, when mine is on the road it gets a thrashing pretty much every time it goes out. Spinning at the very least, smoke preferred :D

Doesn't do it any harm, it's irresponsible and it wastes fuel and it wears the back ones out a bit quicker but they do about 7500 miles and I'm happy with that :cool:

Permabanned
'Normal' street tyres + 300bhp = fun. Wide, sticky rubber + 300bhp = cracked crown wheel and getting towed home from Santa Pod :/

*n

Soldato
What car do you drive? I have never had accidental wheel spin, and my car isn't exactly slow. You either drive a 500bhp skyline or you are doing something wrong :p

Soldato
I'd go with the ditchfinders theory.

I had 4 on my 205 with lots of tread and I could get it to spin in 2nd gear in the dry when changing from 1st hard.

DO NOT buy Metadors!

Caporegime
Enfield said:
DO NOT buy Metadors!

At first read i thought you put Matador, no wonder you have bad grip!

spanish%20matador%20blue.jpg

Soldato
I've got Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 on the front of my Prelude, and I can get it to chirp going 1st to 2nd, even in the dry, and with the weight of the boat anchor in the front (aka the H22 engine)!

Trying to put the power down quickly in 1st or 2nd from a junction causes major wheel spinning for me!

I'd go for the Ditchfinder General tyres being the culprit!

Back
Top Bottom