Protestant Islam

Soldato
I just finished reading this quite insiteful(sp?) article by Mohammed Al-Abassi. If anyone is interested in reading a bit about some of the internal strugles faced within Islam, then you will find this a good read!

(If this is spamish in anyway, then please delete)

Soldato
The worst and most biased thing you have posted, full of constructed praise for the worst aspects of Islam and with the overall message that Muslims cannot integrate with Westerners, which this article labels and invaders and killers.

Near the end was the only interesting part but it didn't go into much detail - merely skimmed on some of the components of traditional Islam.

You complain that Muslims are badly represented in the media, then post segregationlist, theocratic mush like this.

Soldato
OP
cleanbluesky said:
The worst and most biased thing you have posted, full of constructed praise for the worst aspects of Islam and with the overall message that Muslims cannot integrate with Westerners, which this article labels and invaders and killers.

What makes you come to this conclusion?
Did you even read the article?:confused:

Permabanned
@if ®afiq said:
What makes you come to this conclusion?
Did you even read the article?:confused:
Got to agree with this, the article I read was critical of modern Islam but it was hardly the blatent piece of propoganda that you seeemd to find it. Being written by a muslim it was always going to purport certain Islamic viewpoint but to expect otherwise would be frankly weird. It contrasted the reductionist policies of Martin Luther with certain trends apparent in the interpretation of Islam in many muslim communities today. As to blaming the west well we did rule the Arab states for 100(?) years and we did have a considerable impact on them.

Edit: interesting read.

Last edited:
Permabanned
ben_j_davis said:
Hmm wonder if this will turn into another huge arguement about the evils of Islam? Had quite a few threads....wait all Islam threads end up the same way.

Its one of the fundamentla truths of the universe. Long after we all turn to dust there will be threads discussing Islam.....

B&W

B&W

Soldato
interesting article.

I was once at a ghetto mosque in Brooklyn, New York, listening to a group of new converts earnestly trying to discover from the Yusuf Ali transaltion of the Quran and Muhsin Khan's translation of Bukhari, whether it would be permissible to steal money from a liquor store

yep, i have seen the exact same thing happen on extremist forums

Caporegime
gib786 said:
im fully integrated at the young (compared to you old gits) age of 18. i dont believe any of this carp about not being able to integrate

Neither do i but it seems that certain members here like to make a big show and dance about muslims not integrating. Personally i think theres a hell of a lot of muslims that do integrate into this so called british culture. Mind you its nothing to be proud of though is it, this british culture as far as i can see ;):p

Associate
Have to say that was very interesting, although I'm not sure exactly what good the author is suggesting. He seems to believe that the islamic world could not and should not be secular, that there should not be religious debate amongst those "not qualified to do so".

The interpretation of the reformations in europe also seems flawed. It did lead to fighting (bad), and the removal of many a fine work of art, but also started the end of religious authority over the state, its rules, and the people. Began the path to democracy and allowed the questioning of religion and its practises - the adaption of laws into the contex of modern life and social change. Are these really that bad??

Point that whenever we talk about intergarting we must accept that any intergrater is fully aware they don't really 'belong' to the culture and its history i, i have to say, pause for thought.

Soldato
Muslims here do integrade, loads of them are chavs, "coum ere you ****ing ****" "**** you you **** *******" etc. they smoke weed in the street and look at you like they want a fight. Although I haven't seen any 15yr old Muslim girls be pregnant yet. :p

Associate
KingOfAquitaine said:
Point that whenever we talk about intergarting we must accept that any intergrater is fully aware they don't really 'belong' to the culture and its history i, i have to say, pause for thought.

Dunno, so many people have invaded Britian over the last few 1000 years, hard to say.

Soldato
Spawn said:
Neither do i but it seems that certain members here like to make a big show and dance about muslims not integrating. Personally i think theres a hell of a lot of muslims that do integrate into this so called british culture. Mind you its nothing to be proud of though is it, this british culture as far as i can see ;):p

I hear a lot of talk from people who consider themselves 'integrated' or 'British' yet do not know what either actually mean... I'm not aiming this at Muslims here, because so many different groups aren't integrated for so many different reasons.

I think that someone who comes from a multicultural background would consider themselves integrated if they differ from their parents enough, although generally its about holding the same opinions as the masses and not rocking the boat too often. But then there are lots of 'integrated' people who dont do that. Perhaps it is about belonging to a group that holds mainstream opinions.

Back
Top Bottom