Oblivion Player Routes

Associate
What character directions are people taking and how is your character developing out??

I started out with an imperial character looking for a warrior based series of events but have managed to find myself working up through the thieves guild. Stealing is rewarding lol. Rolling in gold.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm playing a blade mage atm. Its pretty good, but I really don't have much gold, so have joined the arena to get a bit of extra gold for repairing armor before going into dungeons and buying extra spells. I'm already level 51 in destruction :p. Have joined the fighters and mages guild for money and i want to be part of the arcane university :D

I have an annoying quest though where i have to pick a lock which is average difficulty, but my security level is way too low and my alteration magic doesnt allow for picking average level locks yet :(

Soldato
Im playing as a pure mage and its working well, I dont have any weapons just spells, mages are a lot better now than they were in morrowind.

Soldato
Im playing a custom class, which is mainly a warrior. My character has ended up looking like George Micheal with a red pony tail and a huge sword, lol. Im heading west, and im not allowing myself to quick travel to town until i have walked there first.

Soldato
I'm playing it on Xbox 360 but as yet there aren't really any character threads in the console forum ;)

I'm playing as a custom class which I called a Dark Assassin - he's a wood elf with a mixture of thief and ranged/blade skills. I played the first gate quest and since then have done one random side quest about the Mercants Group, and have now joined the Fighter's Guild and am on my second mission. I'm really tempted to do the Mage's and Thief Guilds at the same time but I don't want to finish them too quickly :D

Soldato
I'm playing as an Assasin. I didn't really know what class to bhoose or what class suited me best, it was either thief or assasin. Lol. I'm trying to find one of the watch captains, but i cant find him :-/

Soldato
I'm currently an Imperial Knight, and on the magical side of things it's really just restoration and a slight bit of destruction. But I got a cool ring that lets me breathe under water.

Associate
OP
messiah khan said:
Im playing a custom class, which is mainly a warrior. My character has ended up looking like George Micheal with a red pony tail and a huge sword, lol. Im heading west, and im not allowing myself to quick travel to town until i have walked there first.

LOL screen shot needed me thinks

Permabanned
playing a custom player with intellect and willpower and all the magical talents, i love the game just got out the sewers running around and exploring. I love this game but the key mapping system is pathetic for the pc i mean i have only keys 1-9 for spells and i cant even cycle them! This and the fact i get constant beeping with really smooth gameplay are the only things putting me off playing atm.

Associate
I am currently a Khajit Monk and fight using hand to hand and a bow, I am also rather good at stealing and sneaking and I am currently lvl 3 with around 900 gold.

Associate
im using a custom version of the battlemage, it works wonderfully, i have a lot of magic attack power/self healing ability and im also very good with melee, plus i wear heavy armour :)

Associate
Down1oader said:
playing a custom player with intellect and willpower and all the magical talents, i love the game just got out the sewers running around and exploring. I love this game but the key mapping system is pathetic for the pc i mean i have only keys 1-9 for spells and i cant even cycle them! This and the fact i get constant beeping with really smooth gameplay are the only things putting me off playing atm.

Yeah, it definately is quite bad for mages. In battle, i tend to want to use more than 9 spells and tabing out and clicking on them stops the flow of the game and is rather annoying. Hopefully they change that with a patch or someone provides a mod.

Neolink said:
im using a custom version of the battlemage, it works wonderfully, i have a lot of magic attack power/self healing ability and im also very good with melee, plus i wear heavy armour :)

I wear heavy armour too! (level 25 so creeping up).And i'm not too bad with a blade either, but of course my destruction spells own my melee atm :p

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm using a Imperial "Hell Knight" (Custom Version of a Knight).

So far I've just been moving around the lake and have ended up in a pub. Been spending time making everyone in my local love me with the persuasion skill lol.

Associate
Started as a Warrior with long sword shield and heavy armour, did a lot at the arena (last couple fights are near impossible, thank god for the quick save). Now i'm working with the bad guys, sort of an assassin thing. Light armour that I got from them, and mostly not using the shield. Being a proffesional killer for a living if fun :D

Associate
OP
Down1oader said:
due to the lack of key mapping i seem to be just using one skill, flare and the odd melee attack :S i hope this changes...

Hold down the number keys in the incentory and you can map the number keys giving you access to up to 9 spells easily

Permabanned
Diego said:
Hold down the number keys in the incentory and you can map the number keys giving you access to up to 9 spells easily

yeah i already knew that when i posted the comment, if you try playing a mage or something you will find it extremely difficult to use

Back
Top Bottom