• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

x2 3800 Owners - OC's

Soldato
matt100 said:
don't tell me I've got a minger :(

it appears I might have been a bit premature.. I burnt it in overnight dual priming at 2.4 and now I can get it to hang about in windows (not stress tested at all I miht add but its not rebooting) at 3.1 with 1.55v.

Should be on for a nice stable high clock I reckon!

Associate
Looking good so far matt. What temps are you getting on the evap and the die under load and idle?

I've managed to find some limited info on the week 5 LDBHE stepping (the same stepping as mine). A guy over at XS had one doing 3.2Ghz on chilled water. This means I'm now chomping at the bit to be able to test mine now.

Soldato
Xtorsion said:
Got my OEM X2 3800 today. The stepping is CCBWE 0601, any ideas whether its a good clocker? Gonna be overclocking it tomorrow. :)

i have the same stepping and i cant do 2.8ghz.

it will do 2.7ghz @ 270x10 1.5vcore but wont boot into windows any higher than that. prime95 failed within minutes tho.

whats the max vcore i can give it?? im on watercooling and temps reach about 45c under load
________
buy vaporizers

Last edited:
Permabanned
full spec is:
3800x2 cooled with a mach 2 gt (r404a) LDBHE0601UPMW (PURE L33T :cool: )
DFi Ultra-D
1GB Patriot XBLK (TCCD)
7800GT w/zalman vf700cu
200gb +160gb western digital hard drives
Enermax 600w

amx

amx

Associate
Don't have stepping to hand but after welshtom's recommendation i got a retail X2 3800 on Wesnesday.

Currently prime stable for 6 hours (and counting) at 2.65Ghz @ 1.5v @ 42 degrees full load (TT Big typhoon)

memory is 2gb g.skill hz @ 265Mhz 3-4-4-8 1:1 on a DFi LanParty UT Ultra-D

Associate
My results:

Here's the stable (been torturing both cores all day) results:

Memory: 416mhz, with timings of 2.5-3-3-8
CPU: 2.5GHZ Vcore is 1.4
Core: Toledo

To achieve these overclocks, I set the memory to 333 in the bios and HT to 4x. Of course I had to use memtester86+ a few times to find a happy ground for the memory. Stepping is 10x.

My routine was as follows: underclock the memory so it isn't a factor... set HT at 4x, then go up by 10mhz each time for the cpu till I reached my target of 2.5ghz, doing torture tests in between each run on both cores. This is a Bus speed of 1000mhz, which is ideal. I then clocked the ballistix ram as tight as I could, and the final speed of the ram is 208mhz (416 DDR).

Lovely stuff... gives a sweet superpi 1 million of 33 seconds with both cores tortured.

Nearly forgot: Temps are 35 ish idle and 47ish when both cores are tortured, however if you torture both cores AND run 3Dmark, you will be adding heat from the graphics card, and in this case (x800XT) it reaches an all time high temp of 52C... This is with Arctic Cooler 64 PRO (Air), default thermal stuff that came with it... nothing special.

Mobo between 31C and 35C.

Note: I'm pretty sure there's a lot more room to overclock in this chip, but I don't want to. I just want a damn fast and stable rig, and thats why I forced myself to stop at Vcore 1.4 and 2.5Ghz no matter what. And so I've stopped here.

Last edited:
Permabanned
amx said:
Don't have stepping to hand but after welshtom's recommendation i got a retail X2 3800 on Wesnesday.

Currently prime stable for 6 hours (and counting) at 2.65Ghz @ 1.5v @ 42 degrees full load (TT Big typhoon)

memory is 2gb g.skill hz @ 265Mhz 3-4-4-8 1:1 on a DFi LanParty UT Ultra-D

And did i make you happy you chose it ?

Soldato
Looks like quite a few of us are getting these CCBWE 0601XPMW cpu's. I havent oc'd mine yet but will be very soon. Just wondering if its ok to use the asus software i got with my motherboard to overclock it in the desktop?

Back
Top Bottom