Soldato
001_repost.jpg

Dup

Dup

Soldato
OP
Spamalot said:
how many times now? REPOST!

How many times does it need to someone to spam in the thread that its a repost. Sorry for those who've seen it. If you've got nothing constructive to add, let the thread drop :rolleyes:

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Down here by Law you have to stop if you are first to come across an accident.
I'm surprised that jag hasn't been taken of flea bay yet :p

Soldato
Yes, I would have to stop for an accident.

When I'm on duty its pretty much a statutory requirement. :p

Off-duty, I always stop, have done on several occasions and done what I could till my collegues turn up.

Same goes for indivuduals in the street who require any assistance.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
OP
Zip said:
Down here by Law you have to stop if you are first to come across an accident.
I'm surprised that jag hasn't been taken of flea bay yet :p

Not the same for the UK, only if you were involved.

When I came off my bike once (yoke jammed) about 15 cars drove past with my bike in a 1000 pieces in the middle of the road, some driving over bits of it.

I've always stopped for people. I stopped for an old couple once who broke down in freezing weather once. They had no phone or breakdown cover so I blagged the AA into a goodwill jesture on my cover, seeing as I hadn't used them once in 2 years and then I waited till the AA turned up. I can't beleive how many people lack any sort of compassion.

It was only yesterday I saw an elderly having CPR performed on her in the middle of the road after she was knocked off her bicycle. I hadn't seen all of it but I was one of the first on scene. I had to be moved on though as my car was in a bad position due to it being a mini roundabout, so I dunno if she survived :S

Soldato
Right, should have read the advert through before initially posting. :rolleyes:

I've seen exactly the same happen on two occasions in 16 years in the Fire Service. It's standard procedure up and down the country. You simply cannot take any chances where spinal injuries are concerned.

One of the occasions I attended, which I'm sure I've posted about here before, was an individual who had been involved in a head on with a bus, albeit at medium to slow speed.

The Traffic Police were there in attendance about 4 minutes before we were. They had the driver concerned sat in the back of their BMW 5 series traffic car.

After an initial examination by first, ourselves and subsequently, the attending Paramedics, spinal injuries were suspected.

We performed a "roof flap" on the Beemer.

The police driver of which was last seen sharpening up his pencil in preparation for the report that would be coming his way later.

Back
Top Bottom