Adverts in ironic places

Soldato
Considering the strict stance against piracy on here, I was quite surprised to find an advert for Ocuk on a dodgy site. I know Ocuk isn't directly responsible for where it's ads are but I thought it was a bit funny anyway.

Anyone else have examples of adverts in places where they really shouldn't be? It's quite strange in PC Gamer when there's an advert for a game and on the next page there's a scathing review of it.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I saw an OcUK logo on an advert in a magazine a mate at work bought, it was next to a competitors :eek:

The most ironic advert I've seen was when I was watching TV and some "womans advert" came on about throwing out your granny knickers. As it happens my girlfriend was sat on the bed next to me with a stack of these woman things on top of the TV in her granny pants going "for god sake these pads don't half *something* itch!".

Another one was one of those flouresent church billboards next to the church with the words along the lines of "Jesus will Embrace you". It right next to a mainly muslim based communty and the text was massive. They must get about 2 people in on a sunday then!

Soldato
Dup said:
I saw an OcUK logo on an advert in a magazine a mate at work bought, it was next to a competitors :eek:

The most ironic advert I've seen was when I was watching TV and some "womans advert" came on about throwing out your granny knickers. As it happens my girlfriend was sat on the bed next to me with a stack of these woman things on top of the TV in her granny pants going "for god sake these pads don't half *something* itch!".

Another one was one of those flouresent church billboards next to the church with the words along the lines of "Jesus will Embrace you". It right next to a mainly muslim based communty and the text was massive. They must get about 2 people in on a sunday then!
I know a place where a mosque and a church are right next to each other, possibly the same building, they both share the same car park etc etc.

Soldato
shimy182 said:
i find those " dont start smoking its very addictive" things on tobacco really ironic....

Why? The government puts them there. Its so that its in the face of smokers and potential smokers so they know the risks of smoking. A good idea if you ask me.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Loads of random adverts on the TV, things like electricity ones, sky advertising for sky on a channel only available via sky etc :p

Soldato
F355 said:
Why? The government puts them there. Its so that its in the face of smokers and potential smokers so they know the risks of smoking. A good idea if you ask me.

there all fine apart from that specific one i quoted...

" dont start, smoking is highly addictive" when youv already bought one?

Soldato
I got this ages ago from either this forum or another, don't know if it is real or not:

burnbabyad_Layer1.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Johnny Girth said:
How are OCUK not responsible for where their ads are? Don't they pay to have the ads placed on sites or do people link out of the goodness of their own hearts? :confused:

There's a lot of kind people on the net, it seems.

¬_¬

¬_¬_¬_¬_¬

Soldato
shimy182 said:
there all fine apart from that specific one i quoted...

" dont start, smoking is highly addictive" when youv already bought one?

Every smoker has a first cigarette somewhere, it might be from someone else's packet, you might have just decided to buy some yourself, it's one more opportunity to make people think twice.

Soldato
PinkPig said:
Every smoker has a first cigarette somewhere, it might be from someone else's packet, you might have just decided to buy some yourself, it's one more opportunity to make people think twice.

I had a friend who only smoked "socially", bought his own and smoked at college. We did all tell him he was being an idiot since he said he'd stop if he ever got addicted. :rolleyes: By which point it was too late. I doubt he would have done any differently because he was just doing it since other people were, and i think this will be the case for most people, but even if it only stops every 1 in 100 people thinking about trying smoking, then it's a success.

Back
Top Bottom