Argh help :(

Soldato
I just finished updating my partners machine for her, it was running XP Pro, an Nforce 3 motherboard and socket 754 Athlon 64, we've slapped an Asus Nforce 4X motherboard in and a new graphics card, I should have uninstalled the Nforce and ATI drivers first but .. hindsights a wonderful thing.

When I booted it up it firstly kept rebooting every time the logon screen appeared, eventually it stayed on but told me that her profile was corrupt and that it was using a temporary profile, I created a new profile, deleted the corrupt one and that bit seems ok now, however, I've got 3 unknown devices that keep trying to install every time I boot, 1 say's it's an Nvidia audio device which is disabled (triple checked it) in the BIOS and the other two are "PCI Standard ISA Bridge"s. I've uninstalled the Nforce drivers, run driver cleaner and reinstalled them but it makes no difference, I also don't have USB2 functionality. I've tried a USB2 Nvidia driver which again has made no difference.

Anyone have any idea's where I can find drivers for this hardware?

TIA

Soldato
OP
Monstermunch said:
Just a tip for the future, when installing a motherboard you should really format and re-install XP. You're lucky it worked at all.

I never had to when I went from Via to Nforce, nor Nforce to Nforce 2, nor from Nforce 2 to Nforce 3. All I had to do was uninstall the motherboard drivers before fitting the new board and I forgot to do that this time (as I mentioned in the first post sort of)

Soldato
OP
king_kenny said:
:) How did u fix it ??? It seems my mate has got the same problem well v.similar ??

Well, there was a couple of issues.

1) Two unknown items in the device manager which I discovered was due to me not downloading the WDM drivers for my graphics card

2) A corrupted profile, created a new profile

3) inability to install USB2 drivers, nothing would fix that for some reason so I had to reinstall XP this afternoon, for some reason even that didn't install USB 2 drivers, went XP --> SP2 --> Nforce drivers (needed DX9 so installed SP2 first) --> video card drivers, eventually found some nforce 9x/me USB2 drivers on a motherboard manufacturers site (Biostar I think) and they worked perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom