• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Dual Core overclockers..

Associate
Simple question:
What PSU are you using to get the best out of your Dual Core opty/X2?
listing rest of spec can be handy too. I gather plenty would benefit from this information.

I still have not yet decided what PSU to get, which will allow for heavy Opty 165 overclocking in a system with several Harddrives, a high-end ATI card, optical devices and so forth.

Im stuck between the Hiper 580W, Antec TruePower 550W as I want silence.

Many many thanks, the weekend is here! :D

Associate
I don't think the Hiper or the Antec model you chose is made for silence. I got an Enermax Liberty 500W powering my 165, its pretty quiet, my chipset and gfx card drowns out any other noise though :o

Man of Honour
I have both an Enermax liberty 620w and a hiper-R 580w. Both are very quiet. The hiper-r's 12v rails drooped under extreme load though (although still within atx spec) so I would go for the enermax liberty.

Also make sure it has 24 pin or 20+4 pin(both of the above have) as standard as some boards won't like a separate adapter.

Last edited:
Soldato
X2 4400 @ 2640
4x512 Mb @ 215
DFI nF4 SLI-DR
ATI X800XL @ ? but overclocked to an inch of it's life.
36Gb Raptor
OCZ PowerStream 520W

Hmm not tried my 550W TruePower on this rig as it went to power the RAID5 server (no PCI-E power as it was bought to power my Barton 2500!).

Back
Top Bottom