Planetside Reserves

Soldato
Planetside Reserves! - Free MMOFPS!

Some of you may remember a post a while ago by MarcoPolo explaining how they are opening up a free division of Planetside. Well, it was released last night and i know there were some interested people here so i thought i would bring links and more information!

Go to this Planetside Reserves site and download the client and follow the instructions!

Here is a Planetside Reserves trailer, made by a community member.

psreserves.gif

Planetside Reserves FAQ

Q: What is the demo program PlanetSide Reserves?
A: Demo players will be able to download the PlanetSide Reserves demo and will be able to play for free through Battle Rank 6. Once they reach BR 6, they will be able to continue to play the game, but will not accumulate additional experience points unless and until they upgrade to a paying account. On exit from the game after each play session, players will be taken to a website that will allow them to purchase the game client and upgrade to a paying account. Upon purchase of the game client, you will receive an additional 30 days of play after upgrading your account. This offer is not available for existing PlanetSide accounts.

Q: Is Battle Rank 6 the maximum rank that PlanetSide Reserves accounts can reach?
A: Yes. The PlanetSide Reserves accounts can only progress up to Battle Rank 6 (BR 6). Once BR 6 is achieved, you will be able to continue to play the game, but will not progress further unless you purchase the game client and upgrade to a paying subscription.

Q: How do I access PlanetSide game files to try it out?
A: We will provide you a location to download the demo game files. There will be a link on PlanetSide.com with more details.

Q: How would a PlanetSide Reserves account user convert to paying subscriber?
A: On exit from the game, you will be taken to a website that will allow you to purchase the game client and upgrade to a monthly subscription for the price indicated on the website, which includes the opportunity to obtain the Battle Frame Robotics (BFRs), the giant robot units, and gain more XP to progress through higher Battle Ranks. With higher XP you will be able to gain new implants, better weapons and higher command ranks.

Q: How long can I play the demo?
A: The program will run for a fixed 12-month period from March 24, 2006 through March 24, 2007. The length of your demo time will depend on when in the promotion period you sign up. If you sign up on the first day, you will have almost 12 full months of gameplay. If you sign up one week before the end of the program, you will have one week of demo time.

Q: When a PlanetSide Reserves account converts to a paying account, what happens to the characters and account if they decide to cancel later on?
A: Once an account converts over to a paying account, normal cancellation procedures apply. To play that account again you will need to enter billing on it. Please note, only one PlanetSide Reserves account per Station Account will be permitted.

Q: What other features will I receive when I purchase the game client and upgrade to a paying account?
A: When you upgrade your account after purchase of the game client, you will immediately receive an additional 30 days of gameplay before your first subscription is paid. Also, the very next time you login after upgrading the account you will have no restrictions on the growth of your character and can progress past Battle Rank 6, Command Rank 2 and will be able to imprint your character to use BFR’s (Battle Frame Robots) after completing the prerequisites in the caverns.

Q: While playing the demo, will I be able to work towards merits?
A: Yes. All of your kill statistics towards merits will count, but some merits do not apply until after you’ve reached a higher battle rank. So, you may not be able to get all your merits while in your demo period.

Q: Will these accounts have access to the caverns?
A: Yes. There will be no restriction on areas while playing the demo.

Q: Will a PlanetSide Reserves account be able to obtain a BFR?
A: You will be able to finish the prerequisites for obtaining a BFR but you will not be able to get the imprinting of the BFR until the account is upgraded to a paying account.

Q: Will I have any identifying feature on my character to single me out as a PlanetSide Reserves player?
A: Fortunately for you, no. Until you unlock your account and gain enough XP to reach Battle Rank 7 your armor design will be the same. If you want to avoid being singled out as a lower level player, purchase the client and upgrade to a paying account as soon as possible.

Q: Will I be able to join a squad?
A: Yes, it is highly recommended for learning the game quicker and keeping your character alive. You’ll be able to join or create a squad from the moment you start playing. Just hit “P” to bring up the squad commands and controls to create or search.

Q: Is it true that joining an outfit is a great way to learn the tricks of the game? And can I join an outfit as a PlanetSide Reserves player?
A: Yes to both. Outfit members only succeed if their teammates know what they are doing to cover their backs, and you will be able to join up as soon as you enter the game. It might be a good idea to find out the play style of the outfit before accepting and invitation. Many outfits have their own web sites so check it out!

Q: Will I be able to gain experience after I achieve Battle Rank 6 and Command Rank 2?
A: No. Experience will stop as soon as you reach each ranking, until you upgrade to a paying account.

Q: If I wait awhile to upgrade to a paying account after achieving Battle Rank 6, will my experience be saved up and then be applied to my account when I do upgrade?
A: Unfortunately, no. You’ll only accumulate additional experience after you upgrade to a paying account. So don’t wait too long to get into the action!

Q: What is a population lock on a continent?
A: There is a cap on the amount of players that can enter a continent per each empire. This number may fluctuate by continent, but if your empire has capped out on a continent you will have to wait your turn to enter or pick another battle on a different continent.

Q: Will PlanetSide Reserves players be given the same priority as paying players when waiting for a spot on a population locked continent?
A: Players on accounts that are paying a subscription will have priority over PlanetSide Reserves player accounts.

Q: Will PlanetSide Reserves players be limited to the amount of players per account?
A: All demo player accounts will have the same character limits as paying accounts. You can have up to 8 characters on each server.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom