TFT's still not good enough?

Associate
Good photo'!

With the issue of dead pixels and backlight bleed even on the newest LCDs, to my mind, if some manufacturer came along now with good quality (i.e. Trinitron/Diamondtron tube) 20" and 24" CRT's at competetive prices, they'd make a killing.

When's that next technology, where each TFT equivalent is basically a mini cathode emitter, meant to be coming?

Also, with regards backlight issues, why can't they build a backlight plate that is a white led for each TFT, build it into the TFT array so that each LED is individually controllable - that way you wouldn't need the global lighting that is currently used...

Soldato
OP
GT3 said:
Rather have a dead one than the one thats stuck bright green in the middle of my screen!

becuase its the green one that died i have a bright RED dot on my screen now. its about a cm from the right hand side of the screen.. so i guess ive been lucky with the placement of it :D just wish it hadnt died on my newest monitor out of 3

Soldato
Nice photo :D

Also, with regards backlight issues, why can't they build a backlight plate that is a white led for each TFT, build it into the TFT array so that each LED is individually controllable - that way you wouldn't need the global lighting that is currently used...
I'm pretty sure that's on the way.

Back
Top Bottom