Just Starting Bass & Elec Guitar!

Associate
Hello,

I have just got a simple Strat Copy guitar for xmas and havn't played a guitar since i was 7 and i played for about 1-2 months (all i know is the notes and some chords).

I am thinking about getting a bass guitar becuase mnost of my mates are guitarist (better than me lol) and they need a bassist could anyone give me and tips for the bass and general bass playing?

Thanks,

Rob

Suspended
Just see it as a guitar with lower notes - tuned the same way :)

Thats how I started, and I think it helps being a guitarist and knowing the chords to a particular song as it gives me various places to "go" with the bassline.

Soldato
If you can get a good understanding of Scale degrees and chord alterations (flat 5s, Suspended etc) then you can really devise some killer bass riffs.

Associate
Chronos-X said:
Just see it as a guitar with lower notes - tuned the same way :)

Thats how I started, and I think it helps being a guitarist and knowing the chords to a particular song as it gives me various places to "go" with the bassline.

Hey, I did the exact same thing. I used to practice basslines on my old guitar, so when I bought a bass it was so easy to play.

Soldato
bass is very rythmic... if you have a good sense of rythem then you will be an awesome bass player.

you dont need to be whizzing around the frets... just keep it simple and keep it tight with the timing.. i.e. drumming.

also.. learn what all the frets are.. as in note wise.. then you wont get lost

Back
Top Bottom