netgear dg834 install problems

Soldato
Tried installing a netgear gn834 modem dsl light green, finds an isp address when i search on auto says connected at 1.1mb when i use the login name bt_test@startup_domain cos i dont have a login name and password as default,
but it cannot load any web pages? everything is at default/auto, was using a bt voyager 205 any suggestions

Soldato
danoliver1 said:
Tried installing a netgear gn834 modem dsl light green, finds an isp address when i search on auto says connected at 1.1mb when i use the login name bt_test@startup_domain cos i dont have a login name and password as default,
but it cannot load any web pages? everything is at default/auto, was using a bt voyager 205 any suggestions

I would have thought youd need to log onto the service in order to get internet connectivity.

They should be an option within the Netgear config.

Try this also

http://kbserver.netgear.com/kb_web_files/n101593.asp

Soldato
danoliver1 said:
What do yo u mean log on i thought my connection was always on not login details needed or password?

Nearly all ADSL services require an account to log onto the service, an ADSL modem is useful because one of its features is that it allows you to enter the account details into it and it will log onto the service for you plus in most cases they will reconnect if the line is dropped automatically.

Otherwise you have to configure a dialup account on the PC in order to log onto the service.

Soldato
Curiosityx said:
Nearly all ADSL services require an account to log onto the service, an ADSL modem is useful because one of its features is that it allows you to enter the account details into it and it will log onto the service for you plus in most cases they will reconnect if the line is dropped automatically.

Some BT accounts are the exception here as they work on CLI rather than a username or password. Try entering anything into the username and password fields.

Otherwise you have to configure a dialup account on the PC in order to log onto the service.

:confused: How will that work with a router?

Soldato
OP
failed connect to server when i put enything in password and username only connects when i put bt_test@startup_domain in, conects but wont load any pages, some one must use bt with no login and has a different router?

Soldato
Burberryflop said:
Some BT accounts are the exception here as they work on CLI rather than a username or password. Try entering anything into the username and password fields.

:confused: How will that work with a router?

Im talking modems here, in the case of ADSL routers 9/10 you need to enter account information in order to log onto the service with the option of reconnecting automatically.

There are also other configuration changes youll need to make on a router depending on your provider like setting PPOE/PPOA settings and virtual circuit ID's but they are provided by the ISP.

Back
Top Bottom