RPM + Battery Power

Associate
Hi all

When I am driving during the day my car sits at just on or just over the 1000 rpm mark, I have my radio and my blowers on sometimes. Now at night when I have them on + my lights it will drop to about 700-800 and the car feels like it does just before it stalls but it will drive fine once I increase the rpm with my accelerator. I have a little thing on my battery and it says it’s charged but probably inaccurate, its 3years + old now.

Is this my problem, an uncharged battery?

Permabanned
I take it you got a Multimeter, start your car and check the voltage across the battery, when its running it should be about 14v, when engine is not running it should be around 12v :)

Soldato
My mates swift does this also, but with lots of draw the alternator/battery at night it will stall if you let it idle. Its fine during the daytime and holds the revs. I'd say get your battery tested and if you have a multi-meter as mentioned check your voltages. It should be able to hold a reasonable figure.

I'm not too sure on my alternator but with lights on, heater, rear demister fog lights and stereo when driving it will hold 14.

Back
Top Bottom