Audigy 2 - X-FI questions

Associate
Hi

am considering upgrading my sound card to an 'extreme music' but have read a few things that are putting me off a bit.

Heard that due to Windows file changes when installed audigy card that it is therefore best to do a complete fresh install of xp rather than trying to uninstall all traces of former drivers. Is this true or will a simple 'uninstall' of my audigy2 drivers and a straighforward installation of new X-Fi card be enough?

Have read that setting up new card can be difficult with the many sound settings, balances etc. Is this true?

What about the improvement and value for money from upgrading from an audigy2 to an X-FI music - is it really worth it?

Thanks for taking time to read and hope can reply some answers.

cheers Malccy

Associate
You can always use a reg cleaner if you are worried. It is nice to do a fresh install when installing new hardware, but it is not a ncessity.

Setting up the new card can be as difficult or as simple as you want. Actually, it really is not that complicated TBH.

Worth it depends on your idea of what is worth it. I would say yes, and most people here would too. The X-Fi is definitely a step up from the A2, no doubt there.

Soldato
Is this true or will a simple 'uninstall' of my audigy2 drivers and a straighforward installation of new X-Fi card be enough?

I'd of thought simply un-install, use Driver Cleaner Pro in safe-mode to make sure nothing remains then switch off an enjoy your new card. :)

Have read that setting up new card can be difficult with the many sound settings, balances etc. Is this true?

It's not difficult, just takes awhile. Lots of things to change until it's just like you want it to be. :) Which is a good thing imo.

What about the improvement and value for money from upgrading from an audigy2 to an X-FI music - is it really worth it?

Oh yes! I went from the NF7-S mobo with Soundstorm to an Audigy 2 to this and its much better! Clarity is excellent.

Now go buy one!! :D

Back
Top Bottom