Asus A8N32-SLI.....enough slots ?

Associate
I'm currently getting this board with 1 7900gtx card.
My worry is that seeing as the 7900 gtx's are all dual slots (they take up to slots), if I want to add a 2nd later on, will there still be room for my X-Fi soundcard ?

looking at this pic:
A8N32-SLI%20DeluxeVGA-3D_small.jpg

if I had 2 7900 gtx's, it doesnt look like my X-Fi would fit in the bottom pci slot......will it fit in the pci slot above the 2nd PCI-E slot even if i had 2 7900's sli'd ?

many thanks

Man of Honour
It will fit but there will not be much room and the xfi card will restrict airflow to the top GTX a little. There is about a 5mm gap between the XFI card and the top GTX if it is a twin slot cooler.

Permabanned
it will fit just, but there will be no aiflow getting to the top gtx cause the X-Fi will block the coolers fan from blowing air through the heatsink its not advisable but then again one 7900gtx will power 99% of games with all eyecandy on and by the time u come to upgrade DX10 will be out and u wont want to get another 7900gtx as it will be obsolite.

Associate
It should fit into the pci slot just above the 2nd pci express slot but its not going to be a cool area surrounded by 2 7900's. I would personally go for a different board layout where there are pci slots below the pci express such as the asus premium or the dfi expert. They aren't sli x16 but thats been shown to make no difference anyway.

Associate
OP
thanks for the replies guys, hopefully airflow wont be a problem as I've also got the Cooler Master CM Stacker 830 case which has 4 120mm fan mounts on the side panel which should deal with any heat issues.

Back
Top Bottom