• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Why is the Asus 1900-XTX more expensive than the others?

ozy

ozy

Associate
Just curious on this one, had a scout through the X1900 series on OCUK and noticed that the Asus XT-X is nearly £25 more expensive than any of the other XT-X cards (near £400 instead of £375).

Anyone know the reason for this? I assume its something to do with the software bundle, although no details of included software is specified on any of the cards.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/X1900_Series.html

*edit* While I think of it, are any of the 1900 XT-X cards quieter than others? All the fans look pretty much the same going by the pictures, although the MSI one looks slightly bigger? may just be the angle though.

Chris (ozy)

Last edited:
Associate
Its because OcUK will look after the warranty saving customers the issues of having to deal with Asus, but due to that they have to charge a premium.

Last edited:
Soldato
AFAIK, all X1900XTX cards are pretty much the same as produced to a stock design, same goes for the slightly slower X1900XT.

Get the cheapest is generally advised by many.

Associate
MG42Maniac said:
Its because OcUK will look after the warranty saving customers the issues of having to deal with Asus, but due to that they have to charge a premium.

If thats the case they should stop dealing with asus then.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
MG42Maniac said:

Within the first year OcUK have to deal with the returns for all cards, its the law. If there's some sort of extended warranty on them then that may cause the price hike.

Asus stuff generally is expensive, especially their graphics cards. I don't know why, its just an expensive brand.

Associate
Asus like to chuck a load of extras inthe box which is probably another cause for the price hike.

I think its a joypad witht he latest cards, but when I got my X800, it was a fairly basic digi cam and its stand out feature being a blue led fan on the cooler ;).

Associate
Does any one know if this card definately comes with any extras?

I am thinking of buying one. Also how loud are they? I have got a Leadtek 7800GTX Extreme Edition at present, and this is very quiet. Would I need to purchase Zalmans cooler as well?

Soldato
Stax10 said:
Does any one know if this card definately comes with any extras?

I am thinking of buying one. Also how loud are they? I have got a Leadtek 7800GTX Extreme Edition at present, and this is very quiet. Would I need to purchase Zalmans cooler as well?

The Asus X1900 cards come with (afaik) ...
DVI to VGA adapter;
Component-out cable adapter;
9 Pin S-Video to composite VIVO cable
6’ Svideo cable;
6’ Composite cable
Software Bundled CD leather Wallet
King Kong
Asus GamePack,
SNOWBLIND
Power Director 3
Media Show
ASUS Utilities & Driver

Generally the X1900 cards are reasonably quiet after startup. But if you like it silent then an aftermarket cooler may be better. Try it first with the standard cooler perhaps.

Back
Top Bottom