Nissan Terrano Clutch issues

Associate
I got a call earlier from the (ex) wife to say the car was having some issues getting into gear, on talking to her she was saying it was hard to get any gear and then you couldnt get the car into any gear at all, so I suggested to her to put it into first and start the car just so she could get it home, but it turns out that doing this resulted in the car not moving at all, so it was in gear no foot on the clutch and nothing, just like the clutch wasnt engaged at all. Luckly a friend was with her that was a member of the AA and they got the car home, I have just had a look and cant see anything wrong (but then again its dark and wet outside) the clutch cylinder has plenty of fluid and I cant see any leaks anywhere.

Its also weird I can start the car in neutral foot almost to the floor on the clutch and select 1st then release the clutch does nothing, BUT if I put the clutch as hard as I can to the floor it would seem that the clutch does engage a bit as the car will move forward very very slowly, but it also makes a whining noise.....anyone have any ideas as this is somehitng I have never come across before.

Forgot to mention this only started to happen this evening, before hand the car was fine and then this, must have happened within 10miles of everything being fine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom