Got the chance of a 205

Soldato
Hiya, im in abit of a dilemma. I have got chance of a peugeot 205 for £50! I know its probably not going to be in the best condition, new wing mirror is needed, and front left side panel has a dent in. Although I am thinking that im 17 in 8 months so maybe I could have my first car but also in the time do it up, which i would enjoy, and also would be learning at the same time.

Anyone have any opinions on this please??

Thanks,
Mark

Soldato
MarkLP said:
Hiya, im in abit of a dilemma. I have got chance of a peugeot 205 for £50! I know its probably not going to be in the best condition, new wing mirror is needed, and front left side panel has a dent in. Although I am thinking that im 17 in 8 months so maybe I could have my first car but also in the time do it up, which i would enjoy, and also would be learning at the same time.

Anyone have any opinions on this please??

Thanks,
Mark

For £50 get it, get it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soldato
as long as the tin worm hasn't been using the car as a base of operations for a decade, buy it.
if it's a lost cause (and at this age+price that's perfectly possible) then avoid unless you want to strip it and sell for spares which would return more than fifty quid anyway.

Soldato
MarkLP said:
im not sure. Going to try and find out. Anyone know how much a new passenger side front wing and a wingmirror would be please??

Cheers

Don't know about new but you'll be able to pick some up front a scrap yard for next to nothing.

How many litres is it?

Suspended
Enfield said:
No they don't.

The 205 has a galvanised body.

Here's my old 205, not even a hint of rust on it. http://www.ocuk-motors.co.uk/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=901

Spotted this poor old girl on there :(

main.php

Man of Honour
Enfield said:
No they don't.
Oh yes they do :p Believe me, I've bodged this exact area myself in the past. I used Chemical Metal, expanding insulation foam (you know, the orange stuff you squirt into a roof) and sealed it all in with some astonishingly heavy duty floor paint. Nobody at the MOT station raised an eyebrow ;)

Even the later ones rot. I've seen some horrific K plate GTi's, rotten down every seam. Miami blue ones seem very prone to this for reasons unbeknown to me.

Back
Top Bottom