What would you do with £100,000,000?

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Sequoia said:
As far as I know, still British ..... but they're not really my taste in cars and I don't know much about them.

Arial are still owned and made in the UK :D
I would like to see 100 million be invested in them because they really know how to make fun cars :D

Permabanned
I would buy these forums, quit work and permaban various people ;)

only joking :)

I would move to a country that did not expect to tax my fortune away when I died, have a lot more kids and have fun in the sun until I snuffed it.

Last edited:
Soldato
I would find a plot of land in the perfect location in the uk, then build a fairly decent house with all the facilities i could ever want (swimming pool, tennis courts, indoor sports hall, outdoor astroturf and tennis courts, possibly some kind of on and off road kart track) and obviously lots of cool stuff inside, but the main part would be a showroom/garage/workshop to hold a huge collection of cars (probably about 50 or so) that i would definitely buy.

Suspended
Sequoia said:
Erm ..... unless it's changed very recently, Lotus is 100% owned by Proton, a Malaysian group. And Aston Martin has been owned by Ford (USA) for about 20 years.

I think you might be a bit late there, Tom. :D

Wounded, knew about Aston but thought Lotus was still UK, Slight change of plan;

Buy Lotus from Proton.

Job Done

Wise Guy
Permabanned
AthlonTom said:
Wounded, knew about Aston but thought Lotus was still UK, Slight change of plan;

Buy Lotus from Proton.

Job Done
Or ...... buy Proton. :D

You might come up a tad short on the necessary wonga for that, though. ;)

Last edited:
Suspended
Sequoia said:
Or ...... buy Proton. :D

You might come up a tad short on the necessary wonga for that, though. ;)

I was tempted to say;

Buy the morrisons that I used to work at and then sack the buggers I dont like, but it seemed a bit of a waste!

I would however like to pay a team of guys to produce my very own mod to my design, BSG Vs Stargate! W00T

daz

daz

Soldato
First thing i'd do is hire someone to manage my money for me. :o

I'd then get a nice apartment in London, not sure where'd i'd choose though. :o

Wise Guy
Permabanned
daz said:
First thing i'd do is hire someone to manage my money for me. :o
Good move.

daz said:
I'd then get a nice apartment in London, not sure where'd i'd choose though. :o
Isn't it strange how different people have different desires.

To me, one of the main benefits of money is never having to set foot in most major cities ever again, and certainly not having to live in one. I do have an apartment in a city centre (though not London, which I regard as a thorough-going dump, despite (or maybe because of) having been born there), but I haven't used it to live in for years. Though, to be fair, you did say you'd buy a place in London, not that you'd necessarily want to live in it. It IS nice to have a crash pad for visiting theatres, etc, because most major Arts venues happen to be in major cities .... more's the pity. Still, generally, that's what good hotels are for, and with the money mentioned in this thread, you can certainly afford good hotels. :)

The only reasons I keep my city apartment are that it's a (very) good investment, and that it is 'politically' useful, on occasion. But live in a city? Not me. There's far too many beautiful places to live to get me to even contemplate (without a shudder) living in most cities.

Associate
First thing i would do is sort the friends and family out. Say 10 million for that.

Then I'd have as much fun as i could with 5 million and then bank the remaining 85M. Live off the interest.

With my 5M, i think i would buy myself a really nice house, car, sound system, PC, Rifle and kit, holiday and some other bits and bobs.

Live comfortably ever after :D

daz

daz

Soldato
Sequoia said:
The only reasons I keep my city apartment are that it's a (very) good investment, and that it is 'politically' useful, on occasion. But live in a city? Not me. There's far too many beautiful places to live to get me to even contemplate (without a shudder) living in most cities.

I'm young, getting a country pad in a nice village aboard and/or in the UK will be something i do when I settle down. :p

Back
Top Bottom