cheap mod?

Associate
I have a vectra 1.6 16v premier hacthback is there a cheap mod to give me some more power? If so how much will it cost to buy and get fitted?

thanks.

Soldato
Go to VVOC.com and do a search for "3 pipe mod".
There aren't huge gains to be had, but there are some minor improvements that can be made for very little (if any) money.

Man of Honour
what really effects your speed is bhp and weight, the bhp tends to be pretty expensive to increase on a N/A car, so weight saveing is your best bet.

depends on how much comfort in the car, you can remove your sound deadening, spair tyre (and put a can of tyre foam in) even rear seats and dash if you wanna go seriously overboard. Every bit of weight you lose will increase the proformance.

You can also improve the handeling with a strut brace if you wanted, and make it sound faster with an induction kit

Associate
take out engine strip car so it is a rolling chassis, Take angle grinder cut hole in floor pan, Now run inside car fred flinstone style, will have at least a 50% performance hike over the 1.6 engine you had :) and upto 75% if you get a passenger to help too.and hell have some weetabix in the morning and you will laugh at people filling up with optimax :)

Caporegime
mondo said:
I have a vectra 1.6 16v premier hacthback is there a cheap mod to give me some more power? If so how much will it cost to buy and get fitted?

thanks.

Remove the air filter, it'll go a bit quicker before it goes "bang" :p

To go quicker, you'd probably, have better results tweaking the suspension to make it handle in corners.

As said above though, selling and buying something more apt would be my choice.

N3M

N3M

Associate
emailiscrap said:
Go to VVOC.com and do a search for "3 pipe mod".
There aren't huge gains to be had, but there are some minor improvements that can be made for very little (if any) money.

id say thats your best bet dude... they know their stuff...

Soldato
Do we get one of these every week? My car is slow. How can I make it faster without costing any money, and not effect the insurance.

Do people expect the OcUK motors forum to know some huge secret that the motor industry havent caught on about yet?

Oh yer, there is something....

http://www.ecotekplc.com/products.htm

The kings of, if you shout it loud enough, and with pseudo-science (read BS), it must be true!

Associate
Idd go for an induction kit, ull prolly notice nothing, but i spose it should make it a little bit better, up to 5 bhp can be lost in induction! Apart from that weight saving, just do a poo every time you go out;)

Associate
[huzeeee] said:
Idd go for an induction kit, ull prolly notice nothing, but i spose it should make it a little bit better, up to 5 bhp can be lost in induction! Apart from that weight saving, just do a poo every time you go out;)

and most induction kits lose power due to heat soak. you can see an increase yes but it will have to be installed with a coldair feed and well done, normally you loose power

Back
Top Bottom