• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Upgrade from 9800Pro to...

Xon

Xon

Associate
Hi all

I have had a 9800Pro for ages now sitting in a 3ghz p4 with 1 gig ram etc. I think its time for a new video card and seeing the nice price on the Sapphire X800GTO I was considering the upgrade.

Will I see a difference? I play WoW/ CSS/ BFME 2 and some other games.. Is it a nice + worth it upgrade?

Please don't suggest nVidia, will never go there :o.

Associate
Valkyr said:
Hi all

I have had a 9800Pro for ages now sitting in a 3ghz p4 with 1 gig ram etc. I think its time for a new video card and seeing the nice price on the Sapphire X800GTO I was considering the upgrade.

Will I see a difference? I play WoW/ CSS/ BFME 2 and some other games.. Is it a nice + worth it upgrade?

Please don't suggest nVidia, will never go there :o.

my brother upgraded the same way and he now plays WoW with everything maxed out and it never jerks, no matter what happens, its worth the money

Soldato
Was going to suggest the 6800GS thats on offer this week but as you're obviously employed by ATI you may be better with the X800GTO, I'm sure the slower performance won't bother you.

Back
Top Bottom