USB Devices playing up.

Associate
Hey, I recently had to replace my old A8N-SLi (cos it was dead) motherboard and reinstalled windows a fresh. However, ever since all the drivers were installed and I play a 30mins-1hour gaming (BF2, CSS) or sometimes simple internet browsing, my mouse (Razer Diamondback) would turn off for a few seconds, then come back on again.

Sometimes, the whole mouse would seem to disconnect itself then plug itself back in again, as the lights go off and I hear the Windows USB device sound.

This is much the same with my Headphones, which are also USB (Raptor-Gaming HS1 7.1 Surround), I can be merely listening to music but most often when gaming (again BF2, CSS) and the sound will sound as tho everything is going really fast. Bullet sounds are lightning fast, along with footstep sounds and everything.

The weird thing is, when this happens when I'm listening to music, the whole file in Windows Media Player will speed up by a factor or 10!!!

Anyone else had this problem? Any ideas how to fix it? Do you think its a hardware issue, or a software one? (virus etc).

Thanks,
Lonz.

Associate
Sorry to hear about your problems, Just wanted to ask what you thought of the raptor headphones when everything was working well? Im thinking of getting a pair but cant find any decent reviews in english.

I'm not to sure about your problem but I'd probably check your not draining to much power off the usb root hub. Go to device manager/ usb controllers / usb root hub / power you should see what devices are connected and what power they require this may explain why your mouse is swithing on/off but I'm not sure about the sound speeding up, anyway i hope you sort it out

Associate
go into device manager and under the mice section find HID-Compliant Mouse and open it's properties

in the Power management tab make sure the check box "allow my computer to swtch this device off to save power" is not checked.

now in control pannel go to "Power Options" and make sure "Always on" is selected.

Bring up task manager and find 2 processes along the lines of "razrdvr" and set their priorities to High.

If none of these do the trick then make sure u have the right USB2.0 drivers for that motherboard installed, try using the drivers disc that came with it.

Back
Top Bottom