After some basic banking info for a student

Soldato
Hey,

Just turned 18 and the only other thing that i can do apart from drinking is get a bank account where I can order things from sites that have the Visa logo. :p

I currently have 3 accounts with Natwest. One Current account which is mainly for cheques. A saving account which has (you guessed it) my savings in it and another account which has been with me since I was 13 and has better interest than my current account lol.

All I want is a card with the ability to use it to order from sites with the Visa symbol. Sounds childish but I really don't need anything else.

Is it stupid of me to go into a branch and ask that or do you think it would be possible for me. I have been on the Natwest site and had a look around but I really don't understand much of it. That's why I thought it would be best to ask here before going into a branch and getting pressured to get an account I don't need.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time

Tob3z

Associate
As you are with Natwest you will not get a Visa as they don't use them. That leaves you with 3 alternatives:
1) Switch Banks
2) Get a Mastercard with Natwest
3) Get a Natwest Maestro or Solo Card

Yes Blackstar you are correct, you do need a steady income.

Soldato
OP
Darn. I'm sure when I was browsing the website I saw a card with a visa logo on it.

I have a solo card (2 infact) at the moemnt. Just that not many online shops except them. Income is about £120 a month so I'm guessing that's not enough for a Mastercard.

OK well I will pop in and see what they say. Cheers :)

Back
Top Bottom