asus a8n32-sli dilema zalman 7700

Associate
Hi guys just bought a zalman 7700-alcu for £12 quid. But after looking over the net i have to remove the asus back plate. Im not to sure on this, I have googled,But most people are having problems removing the backplate as its glued and screwed on.

Is this wise >? as the heatsink comes with its own backplate to be installed. I would love to have this heat sink on tbh as its a bargain for 12 quid. But im not going to screw my board up just to stick it on.

Any help would be great....

Or has anyone actually just fitted it to the asus backplate ?

Last edited:
Permabanned
just use the asus one like i did when i fiited my hyper 6+, this way you dont have to take out the motherboard just unscrew/unclip you current cooler then take out the screws holding the black CPU surround on then screw on your new zalman cooler simple :p (not forgetting to put heatpaste on)

Associate
OP
Thats the thing m8 everywhere has said you cant do that/or they aint even tried to, i would prefer to do that.

Thanks for the reply m8.

Soldato
It depends on the screw mountings sitting flush with the motherboard if you can use the stock backplate. (some backplates petrude slightly so just check for that really

The backplate will come off but it is not easy.

The best thing to do is get a hairdryer and get the plate as hot as you can,

Then if you use a blunt instrument, yo can get it under one end or corner and it should lift off.

While its lifting , point the hairdyer at the lifted bit to help it off more.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom