Flight sim players...

Soldato
Cyborg Evo Wireless user here. :)

FS9, IL-2 and LOMAC are the games i play with it. Has a nice twist rudder and throttle quadrant. Only downside is that there is no force feedback.

Associate
great advice said:
What controls are you using folks? sureley not a keyboard and mouse?

i currently use a CH combat stick.used a microsoft sidewinder force feedback 2 for a couple of years til it died.had many cheap logitech and saitek sticks but compared to the MSFF2 and CH they are rubbish.i actually terrorised a bloke in my local pc world over cheap sticks before i got my money back and got the CH.
i've never used a yoke as i tend to fly fighters.my next purchase will be a CH quadrant box for throttle and trim control.

Soldato
great advice said:
I got one of those for under £2 in a competitors sale :cool:

Its MS Flight Sim im really interested in though, is no-one playing it with a proper yoke?
I suspect very few people are to be honest. Either have a stick and put up with it in FS2004, or have a yoke and ruin any fighter games you own. Or both. Anyway, certain modern commercial planes use sticks instead of a yoke now.

Associate
Dj_Jestar said:
X52 here, with TrackIR Pro 3. :)

I dislike Force Feedback. :)

Ive been thinkin about getting the X52, i take it, its a good joystick, better than the usual joysticks.
Asking this ebcause i havent used a joystick for years and would love to get into Flight Sims

Cheers

/Gigi

Caporegime
Gigi said:
Ive been thinkin about getting the X52, i take it, its a good joystick, better than the usual joysticks.
Asking this ebcause i havent used a joystick for years and would love to get into Flight Sims

Cheers

/Gigi
It is good, aye.

However, it has it's problems.

Being a Saitek appliance, the software/drivers can be buggy. The release before last saw me leaving the stick on the shelf for 10months because it just didn't work. Saiteks answer was to wait until the next release of drivers (hence the 10month wait) and their refusal to give me the older drivers that atleast allowed me to use the stick (still had a few issues though, namely with the magic mouse causing problems)

Also I got lucky. I bought the stick on the day of release and it worked fine, from a hardware pov, however lots of people had issues with the deadzone being MASSIVE.

This was fixed in later releases of the stick (firmware updates) but unfortunately you can't 'flash' the stick. Saitek however have acknowledged the problem and will guarantee RMA if the retailer gets funny about you returning it.

Soldato
I have the X-52, the drivers supplied on the CD work well but the new ones available through MS Auto Update make it freak out. Other than that I've not had any problems with it and am pleased with the purchase. My previous stick was the Cyborg Evo which was problem free and I'd reccomend it if the X-52 is too much of an outlay.

Soldato
I use K/B + mouse 90% of the time, dont have a Joystick, I will probably get a Yoke, pedals and throttle quadrant soon, but my Digital SLR needs some love too :(

Conc

Associate
I've got USB CH pro throttle, pro pedals and fighter stick. I haven't used them since I bought them, I should sell them really though the new hele sim otw looks tempting.

:(

Soldato
eveyuk said:
I've got USB CH pro throttle, pro pedals and fighter stick. I haven't used them since I bought them, I should sell them really though the new hele sim otw looks tempting.

:(

I got these for a 3-screen system I built for the local air-cadets. They're very expensive, but very good.

Permabanned
I'm using the venerable old MS Sidewinder Precision Pro II for my flying. I don't want to get a full yoke system as it's not viable for air-combat in LOMAC, IL2:FB, USAF or CFS3. Yet at the same time it gives a good degree of contollability in FS2004.

I am however in the process of saving a bit of cash for the Saitek X52, from OcUK of course, system which will perform just as well in combat as in FS2004.

Back
Top Bottom