Slightly Major Oblivion Problem!

Soldato
Hi all. Well I have got oblivion (and what a game) but I am rather major problem with it.

For some unknown reason it will not re load my save game. I have tried twice now and neither time will it reload.

I go to continue / load and it starts but gets half way through and crashes.

I am using a memory card(core system) and no other game has had a memory problem.

Now when I first stuck the game in it did update my console (something about it won't run without the update) I am wondering if this is the issue?!

Please help I find it quite annoying to have to trek through the dungeons every time I want to play it.

Cheers

Owen

Permabanned
sounds like your save game is corrupt :(

i had this happen with COD2 but luckily I'd only just started the level concerned so was able to load the game again another way by choosing the level I wanted to play from the mission screen.

Had you played Oblivion much?

Permabanned
Got any mates who would lend you a memory card? You could try it that way.

I don't know how the mem cards work to be honest. Are they the kind of thing that either works or not, or do they have more than one memory chip and therefore one could be faulty?

Soldato
OP
hmmmm May be able to test it.

I *think* it is basically just a memory chip (like on ram) on a small pcb with a different casing. (like a usb memory stick)

I may see if I can get another one or something.

Soldato
OP
yeah I am thinking of that / or a HD. Almost had one today. Local game had one for 59 quid (preowned) unforntunately it had been put aside for someone. :(

Soldato
A long shot - but an easy one to try - I was having a lot of problems with extremely long loading times (about 3 minutes just to open your inventory) and one of the last things it did was to hang on loading my saved game.

The solution was to hold the A button when the game is booting (i.e. from the second you turn the console on) until the front end appears. This apparently clears the cache. It worked for me - solved all my problems, including the long loading times and the 'corrupt' save game. Worth a try.

Back
Top Bottom