A8R32-MVP what is it

Associate
nice one , so it is in the bios then and effects both the a8r and a8r32 , thought i was going mad :eek: its strange coz i have down graded my cats to 6.1 as the higher version i go the more problematic it gets . thanks for that , hope they get a real fix now

Soldato
I hope so too, my thinking is now that I might well replace this mainboard with another manufacturers version if Asus don't fix the issues real soon. Although, and not to make the same mistake as I did with the A8R32-MVP, I will wait until I'm sure that the reviews are a accurate reflection of the performance and stability of their product. The thing is other manufacturers can now learn from Asus's mistakes and not repeat them, well hopefully if they've any sense....

And talking of problems, does anyone run the ATI's adaptive overclocking? I've tried and and it repeatedly crashes the drivers and goes to a blank screen. If I have it enabled withing TOCA, it stutters, stops and also goes to blank screen before returning me back to the game. Go figure, ATI display drivers with a ATI based motherboard, it ain't good is it?
Damm, and there was I thinking about being more postive....

Just d/loading the ULi drivers now, should I uninstall the old ones first?

ChrisC

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi again, well I've answered my own question about uninstaling the ULi drivers, don't, PC bluescreens and I'm having to do a repair install, right now I'm on my laptop.....
DOHHHHHHHH
ChrisC

Associate
Hi Chris,

I experimented with the uninstall's last night, I uninstalled the uli drivers from device manager, after a reboot the computer would re-enable the uld driver automatically, so I settled with a basic write over. I am using 1.34 realtek drivers too, I think they are a little better, though not quite sure how...........

Raja

Soldato
Hi, back and running....
I've already got the realtek drivers installed, as for the ULi ones, my PC would boot after uninstalling them first, installed the updated ones ok after a repair of XP though. The difference might be because your XP is X64?
ChrisC

Soldato
Mmmm, that's weird, up until recently I've not been able to perform a disc check of my two secondary sata drives, however I've done that just now. Not sure if it's the repair of XP, I doubt it as I've done many fresh installs, or it's the new ULi drivers that has fixed things, however it was one of the issues with this mainboard that was bugging me....
ChrisC

Last edited:
Associate
guys, may I ask, is anybody who has this board looking at purchasing either the abit, dfi or saphire boards when they come out?

myself, I,'m waiting for the new bios and will take it from there, as it stands for my system this board provides me with pretty good performance, and I can't really justify an upgrade until I see what's in store for early next year (am2, conroe, or the future ATI cards).....

Associate
raja said:
guys, may I ask, is anybody who has this board looking at purchasing either the abit, dfi or saphire boards when they come out?

myself, I,'m waiting for the new bios and will take it from there, as it stands for my system this board provides me with pretty good performance, and I can't really justify an upgrade until I see what's in store for early next year (am2, conroe, or the future ATI cards).....

well Raja this one will stay until the new am2 socket has been out for a bit , hey its one hell of a powerfull system ( may get better with a bios upgrade ) runs all i chuck at it every thing maxed out , I cannot see a game that it will not run for at least 12 months

vista will be the thing , i am waiting to see what that brings to the melting pot

Soldato
Im happy enough at the moment,

Got one issue with Crossfire to solve but unsure if its Motherboard or Ati Driver related. (Screen in some 3d games jerks slightly left to right :rolleyes: )

Its not a big deal, its just bugging me that i cant solve it, only happens with BF2 and Toca 3, Doesnt do it with FEAR

Anyway, im going to wait for the next bios release as i think Sapphire are still using the SB450, DFI ive tried before and they made a bit of a mess of the previous ATi Chipset (Ask Loadsamoney) Which leaves Abit

Soldato
Hmmm, I think i may have solved my crossfire issue but i will do some more testing later.

If i create a Profile and set it to launch BF2 then the screen is fine. :confused:

I will test it more later and let you know.

Associate
Philbill said:
The big question is guys... If you were about to build a PC would you still get the ASUS A8R32?
Regards
Phil

It seems to work ok with dual cores (keeping htt around 250) and my corsair 3500ll pro, so the answer from me is yes, if there were other rd580 boards out then perhaps I would consider those over this.

Last edited:
Associate
raja said:

If the DFI turns out to be better after being available for a couple of months, I'll probably switch. If when AM2 comes out that's better, I'll switch again. Then again with Conroe if that turns out to be even better ;)

Expensive habit, but safer than crack :p

One things for sure though, I wont trust the review sites that I previously trusted as being definitive. I probably shouldn't have in the first place, but there ya go.

Suspended
Philbill said:
The big question is guys... If you were about to build a PC would you still get the ASUS A8R32?
Regards
Phil

If you don't get a lemon, yes. Happy with my AV32 MVP motherboard. Silent and rock stable. Impressed with AMD (my first non Intel)

Associate
Just out of interest anyone had any issues getting digital out working? The best I can do is stereo out and tried changing every single option.

Why isnt it simple like my current ABIT motherboard :(

Back
Top Bottom