Need a WebCam

Soldato
I built my first PC from scratch for my dad on saterday it all worked 1st time apart from a power LED which was easy to sort out yay me.

Now back to the point. :D

The PC will be used by my little bro who is a MSN nutter and my Mum and Dad who are Ebay nutters. :D So a webcam is needed for MSN and it'l be needed to take good quailty photos of items for Ebay. I think he'll pay up to about £45.

I'l be greatfull for any help
Thanks

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Energize said:
Eyetoy, best webcam out there, integrated mic and costs £7.

This man speaks the truth.
I have an old Logitech webcam works fine enouth but a mate on MSN has the eyetoy and it owns. The pictures are crystal clear and loads better than mine.
Eyetoy for the win.

amx

amx

Associate
I bought the quickcam pro recently and it is a really good camera, the picture quality is superb.

However, if you use daemon tool's this webcam can be a pain as there seems to be some compatibility problems between the webcam driver and the daemon tool's SCSI driver.

If you have daemon tools installed, Windows will not boot if the webcam is plugged in during startup. It has to be unplugged when windows is shut down and plugged back in once you are at the desktop :(

Associate
Guys i've been using an Eye Toy webcam but i have a problem,

sometimes it just isnt recognised in windows.

example,

I plug it in, the light comes on the eye toy... moments later i get some USB error saying it doesn't recognise the device (doesn't allow me to reinstall drivers).

Now sometimes, it works fine... i don't know why... I might try using it a few days later and it will randomly be working (assume i had it plugged in since it didn't work the first time).

I got the eye toy of ebay, maybe its faulty... i don't know...

When it works though, the quality is great.

Soldato
with the eyetoy, i read somewhere that you have to install the drivers everytime you unplug it and then plug it back in, is this true ??

Back
Top Bottom