Always tired

Soldato
Is it me or are you tired out by the weekend?

Take weekend before last, was going shopping and I was grumpy all day due to being tired. I went to bed around 12am waking up Saturday around 8amish.

Then this Friday, booked a day off work, and had to have a nap around 3ish, because I felt so tired.

When i am at work, which can be pretty hectic, 7.30am I leave home, get in around 6.30pm in the evening. I have a 45min train commute and I sleep on the way home for around half hour. But feel fine during the week, but when my minds not active i.e. chilling at the weekends, i wake up fresh, but then within a couple of hours feel tired, and could sleep for a hour or so then be okay. I was thinking that maybe I am not getting enough vits in my diet. But I do eat quite healthly my g/f makes sure of that.

Any ideas?!?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
What does your diet consist of? Exercise much?

I ate a load of crap all day, chocolate, crisps and all that. But I stopped all that and started eating more fruit and found I had so much more energy during the day and evenings.

Soldato
OP
im 25 5'8 around 13stone, so could lose a bit. I used to goto the gym, but then with work I have quarterends, which meant 8 weeks (work days) I would not finish until 7pm+ and was way too tired to goto the gym.

I wont lie, but last night I made a chilli, so not much in the way of veg their. But eat fruit a lot during the day. Maybe its a water thing, thinking about it, had a cup of tea this morning, and thats all i have drunk bar a latte at lunch.

I forget to add, I live a mile from the station which i walk to and from mon-friday so a 2 mile so a 8mile walk a week.

Man of Honour
too much sugar/fat in diet, even if your not overweight?
not enough vitamins and minerals?
Not enough exercise? (min 30mins X 3 times a week)

Associate
I'm probably a bit worse than you :)

I've noticed now that on weekends I tend to sleep in the afternoons a lot - totally wiped out low energy. Perhaps its down to the fact that when your sleeping your generally comfortable, warm and not stressing out - I think for me its rest+escaping from the outside world.

I'm the 1st to admit I eat crappy food, I get enough exercise a day but my job stresses me out a fair bit (I'm not overweight).

I have to say though my body is accustomed to waking up at a set time each day and has been for probably the last 12 years+. I think sometimes its a combination of stress, getting older and just never having a lie in catching up on me.

It could be though the 20 choccy bars a day making me jump round like a loony ;) j/k

Back
Top Bottom