dual tft

Associate
hi guys, thinking about getting a second tft in the very near future to go along side my current Dell 2001FP. I have been looking at the 2005FPW thats on offer on OC at the moment, but how would a black 20" widescreen look alongside a silver 20" tft. i dont really want it to look too out of place. i'd just like to get hold of a widescreen really as the second screen will mainly be used with a tv card as well as watching dvds.
let me know your thoughts please

Soldato
to be honest I couldnt get used to using two different dimensions of screen myself ( I at one time had a 1905FP by the side of a 2005FPW ) and it just felt wrong

If you are ok with the dimensions I dont see the colour making that much different ( surely its not that different from having a silver and black keyboard set?)

Associate
OP
thats my worry, the different dimensions. the colours im not really fussed about, just how id get on with two different monitors, i know theyre both 20" and id only really be using the one as a pc monitor and the widescreen as tv, i just wondered if anyone had any experiences of this

Soldato
I honestly cannot understand people who thinking having dual monitors is 'pointless'. It's blooming fantastic and easily the best upgrade i've ever made on my system.

When i use a single monitor, i feel pretty restricted compared to what i'm used to. One of the best things i use it for is having a movie or tv show etc full screen on one monitor, whilst still being able to do some casual browsing on the other, without having to minimize all the time.

It's also fantastic if you do web design / photoshop stuff...anything really.

Fair enough if you just can't get used to having two side by side, for whatever reason, but to say that having more than one is 'pointless' is just utterly short sighted tbh.

Soldato
Dual monitors is not pointless at all, it's a god send for doing editing, imaging and website work.

I'd imagine have 2 screens that are at different resolutions would be a bit hard to get used to though

Back
Top Bottom