Best SLI Motherboard

Associate
What is the best SLI S939 mobo out at the moment?
I was looking at the DFI's but heard there O/C settings were very advanced and im very new to overclocking. Im looking at using it with a 3200+ to get a reasonable overclock on air, but nothing extreme.

Soldato
dfi expert, please dont think that 2*16 slots are faster than 2*8, we have a few years untill that starts to happen, also the dual chipsets are harder to clock and produce more heat.
The asus has warm boot issues, the dfi expert was simply plug in and go for me.
The settings are automatic to begin with, when you learn all the settings you will be glad you got the dfi.

There have been no death issues since the bios update and even then it was only a few people.

Associate
OP
Yes but I'm very new to overclocking and heard the DFi had loads of different options and settings. I was thinking for newb overclocker it may be too complex.

Associate
Cant speak for DFI as I have never owned one. Just heard excellent reports on their O/C ability. I own a A8N SLI Premium and had a Deluxe version before that. I would always recommends the premium. No probs with this board :)

Associate
OP
Yeah the DFI is an awesome board but is the BIOS much harder to use for a first time overclocker compared to something like the Asus Deluxe SLi board.

Caporegime
Not really the basic fundamentals are the same.However when you get deeper into the DFI mobo there are many options to tweak.

There are guides and if you get stuck post back here and there will be many people to help you on your way. :)

Associate
OP
Ok thanks for the help. Any particular RAM thats good at the moment from overclockers.co.uk, I heard that G.Skill is very good any suggestions.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom