Corsair 2x1GB PC4400 :) Now were talking!

Soldato
pieman109 said:
Handbags ready!!!! :D
Who's selling the tickets??? Where can I buy a front row seat?!

I've said before this is Corsair pulling a fast one. From the looks of it, it uses Samsung UCCC which has just been binned higher. So basically instead of paying £150, you pay £220 for the higher bin of 275mhz over 250mhz.

My OCZ does 270mhz memtest stable with 3-3-2-5 so I'm very happy - not that I actually use it.

Permabanned
Cashman said:
Because some of us are not limp wristed and still enjoying overclocking our systems withour running dividers... which do hamper performace, even if only slightly ;)

wanna bench off, i will personally buy a 7800gtx and clock my x2 to the same speed. JUST to whip urs ass ;) oh and i'll run a divider.

tickets £1 each fellas?

egt

egt

Associate
welshtom said:
wanna bench off, i will personally buy a 7800gtx and clock my x2 to the same speed. JUST to whip urs ass ;) oh and i'll run a divider.

tickets £1 each fellas?

Geek rage alert!!

Soldato
Cashman said:
Atlast 2GB of RAM is catching up!

PC4400 now available, I wonder how high these will scale... just what we all need tho!

Scales to around 267mhz @ 3.0-3-2-5 shown on XS ;) Uses Infineon CE-5.

The GSkill also shown on there went to 291mhz @ 3.0-4-4-7. These use Samsung UCCC.

The Corsair would be best bet for you really, for your X2 4800+. I take it your running the X2 @ 280x10 or 254x11. If your @ 280 then go for the Gskill. Try to lower the timmings, as its shown it can scale high if you loosen the timmings.

Anyways, its down to user preference, if you want to use a Divider, some do and some dont. Depends what cpu you got. Most of us have dividers as we cant afford / dont want to speed huge amounts of money on a cpu.

I like to use 1:1 divider if I can but with no having much money on the next build, a cheap Opty 144 / 146 or a X2 3800+ is needed, meaning that I would have to get a divider working if I want the most out of the cpu. Oh well...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom