Best way to remove tar

Associate
It's time for the post-winter deep-clean, but there's hundreds of tiny spots of tart just behind the front wheels. They come off easily enough with a finger nail, but it would take me all year to do them all.

Anyone used a good product to get tar off? Then which wax to protect through the summer?

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I went insane on the tar on my car on saturday.

I have some bug and tar remover, Turtle Wax stuff. I left it on per instructions and it took my 10 mins to remove a few spots. So then I washed it all off and watered down a bit of white spirit. With a bit of it dabbed onto kitchen roll (so its not dripping off) I wiped (in one go most spots) the tar off then followed with soapy water to remove any residue.

The reason I tried white spirit is becasue a family friend lent me some spray as she worked for Network Q cleaning all the motors. "Industial" stuff she called it. Smelt like white spirit to me, so hence why I tried it.

I wouldn't reccomend it though, I feel i shouldn't have used it and that i might have ballsed the laquer. Can't see any immediate visible damage though, and it was so, so easy. Unless anyone has anything to say or something better to use. I'll probably use it again. I love being a test dummy.

Back
Top Bottom