My Ceiling

Soldato
Not the usual post you will see on here and i apologise for boring you with it.

I am still renovating my cottage and i am now stuck on my bathroom celing.

It had, originally some sort of gloss paint on it, looked bloody horrible so the misses spoke with our builder who reccomended a egg shell finish paint, and said we wouldn't need to sand it down. So, taking his advice i gave the ceiling a light sanding, so the paint had something to key too, i put two coats on of slightly watered down paint onto the ceiling. It looked fine, until we had a shower and the water steam seemed to drip from the ceiling...

The paint then also started to flake off a bit, so here i am, after 3 hours of sanding with only a quater done.

MY question is, is thee an easier way to do this? Paint stipper (Nitromors) would be ok, but i need to be careful of the newly tiled/painted walls and new bathroom suite.

Is sanding the best option? It is taking me ages and is making a right mess. Pluss i have dust bogies big time :p

Thanks y'all and sorry for boring you....

Soldato
Ever thought about a plastic celing?

I think they have come down in price now, and they look great and are maintainance free!

Well worth the initial payout.

Soldato
OP
Sadly the plastic ceiling is out of the idea.

Ideally i need you to tell me how to strip the glossy paint, now covered in egshell from my ceiling....

Anyone?

Back
Top Bottom