Changing to wireless some input required.

Associate
O.k so ive decided to bite the bullet and move over from wired networking to wireless! I'm on a telewest 2mb connection and primarly use my net connection for online-gaming, surfing the net and the usual downloading etc.

Ive picked out the following hardware to connect my pc and xbox360 to Blueyonder.

Netgear WPN824 Rangemax Wireless Router
Netgear WPN111 108Mbps Rangemax Wireless USB 2.0 Network Adapter
Xbox 360™ Wireless Networking Adapter

Any thoughtful advice and guidance on my choices is most welcome, thanks in advance.

Mon

Mon

Associate
If you have already got the wires down and they are out of the way they are more reliable more secure and faster than current wireless solutions.

Stick with the wires if you can.

Associate
OP
computer techie said:
all the items youve picked out are good items id say youve answered your own question by picking out that kit ;)

Was wondering if anyone knew of any issues with the above set-up or if anyone thought their was better kit more suited to my needs?

Mon said:
If you have already got the wires down and they are out of the way they are more reliable more secure and faster than current wireless solutions. Stick with the wires if you can.

Its the wire running from the office to living-room that's a right royal pain in the ass tbh. I thought the latest generation of wireless where on a par with wired now?

Last edited:
Associate
Gethzemane said:
O.k so ive decided to bite the bullet and move over from wired networking to wireless! I'm on a telewest 2mb connection and primarly use my net connection for online-gaming, surfing the net and the usual downloading etc.

Ive picked out the following hardware to connect my pc and xbox360 to Blueyonder.

Netgear WPN824 Rangemax Wireless Router
Netgear WPN111 108Mbps Rangemax Wireless USB 2.0 Network Adapter
Xbox 360™ Wireless Networking Adapter

Any thoughtful advice and guidance on my choices is most welcome, thanks in advance.

ive got the rangemax router, a rangemax pci card in one of the pcs, and a rangemax cardbus, all 108mbps

my advice is get the router upstairs and move it around to get the best signal by trial and error
at ground level, my sig was 40%ish, thru a couple of walls
upstairs thru trial and error ive had it as high as 96%

as i type this on my lappy its 90%

as someone just said though theres no substitute for wired, wireless is just for ease

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom