i need a new game thread

Soldato
i know this is going to be quite a pointless thread but i cant decide what game to get next for my 360.

currently i have

PGR3
Kameo
Cod2
Fn3
Burnout Fifa

and have played

NFSMW
PDZ
GRAW

what game should i get, bearing in mind i love pick up and play games, is it worth me looking at oblivion.

A list of current games would be nice

Soldato
Oblivion is brilliant but not really pick up and play. Condemned is also brilliant, and pant soiling scary in places, but again not pick up and play.

Ridge Racer 6 if you want an arcade racer.

Soldato
RR6 is a decent game but its gets really repetitive, and also its rather easy. i played this 1 day and that was enough for me, courses feel a bit samey aswel. its just sat collecting dust now.

Soldato
Nimzicki said:
Hold on, how can you recommend three games that arent out and that you havent played yet?

lol, prehaps because they have already appeared before and have the basic gameplay mechanics that most have tried that make the games enjoyable then he is presuming correctly that these 3 titles will be just as good fun when they are released and i don't see why not either as all 3 have been getting good previews

Caporegime
Nimzicki said:
Hold on, how can you recommend three games that arent out and that you havent played yet?
McManicMan said:
lol, prehaps because they have already appeared before and have the basic gameplay mechanics that most have tried that make the games enjoyable then he is presuming correctly that these 3 titles will be just as good fun when they are released and i don't see why not either as all 3 have been getting good previews

Exactly, Tomb Raider will still feel like Tomb Raider, Battlefield like Battlefield and FarCry like FarCry. It's not going to change too much and all 3 are great games (unless Tomb Raider is like AOD, but with Toby back it should be more like 1 & 2).

Soldato
OP
JimmyEatWorms said:
I didn't think Oblivion would be my cup of tee either...but it is more addictive than crack! Seriously, it is a VERY good game.

i might have a look at oblivion from a comment like that, ive never played this type of game before, i suppose if the worst comes to the worst i can return it for something else

Cheers lads

Soldato
im in the same dilema about Oblivion aswell, im not into RPGs and hated Final fantasy, i just cant stand using spells/magic to damage a few health bars of the baddies lol

but this maybe a different type of game!

Soldato
McManicMan said:

Come again? Having the same basic gameplay mechanics as a prequel doesnt gurantee anyone a good game...if that were true then why do so many people love the first tomb raider, but not the latter ones?

Nobody has played battlefield 2 on the 360, im sure it would be a damn sight different to playing on a PC through a few different factors.

Far cry is possibly the only one that you could say that for, but even then, its an entirely different game to the one that was out on the xbox so tbh, no, you CANT recommend games that you havent played.

Soldato
Nimzicki said:
Come again? Having the same basic gameplay mechanics as a prequel doesnt gurantee anyone a good game...if that were true then why do so many people love the first tomb raider, but not the latter ones?

Its going back to the original Tomb Raider style, with some arcadey action bits (on vehicles), and with Prince of Persia style movements. Its fairly safe to say Tomb Raider: Legends will be good :)

I'm looking forward to it, and I haven't liked Tomb Raider since the first one :)

Soldato
Nimzicki said:

Nobody has played battlefield 2 on the 360, im sure it would be a damn sight different to playing on a PC through a few different factors.

Far cry is possibly the only one that you could say that for, but even then, its an entirely different game to the one that was out on the xbox so tbh, no, you CANT recommend games that you havent played.

You CAN recommend games based on Previews and the Previews all suggest that they will be good games, neither of them 3 have had a bad Preview, so yes i can recommend them based on good PREVIEWS

Back
Top Bottom