• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Should i keep my X1800XT 256???

Soldato
well i havnt really played on a game since i bought it 3 weeks ago :(
i would love to play a decent game but dont really know of anything i'd like.
can anyone reccomend a FPS or Racin game to use with my card.
so i was thinking about selling it. too bad i cant get into the MM but never mind.

PS. my card is running in an X2 slot and loses about 2000 in 3dmark05 from the normal X16 slot.

im sacraficing performace for displays i have 3
EDIT: i cant spell

Caporegime
HAHA all i used my x1800 XT 512mb for was Fear, and thats when i got the card when they were released, all ive done since then is internet, i just don't game on my PC anymore at all, ive got all that graphics power just going to waste. :)

Soldato
Heh funny you should mention that, all I play is 2 games - EverQuest & Wolfenstein ET, its kinda nice playing that game with all eye candy on @ 100fps the game looks quite good considering its age with 6xAF, 16xAA ;) - dunno why it isnt locked at 60fps with having a tft though lol. :)

I'll have to re-install Half-Life 2 it's a nice game although I'm not keen on dying on PvP <Source> then having to wait till theres an actual winner, Wolfenstein:ET keeps you in the thick of the action every 30 seconds.

Tempted to buy Call of Duty 2, having played the first one, I've also got IL2/Pacific Battles etc but I'm a terrible pilot! lol :(

Farcry, Fear, Call of Duty 2, Half-Life 2, Doom 3 there all supposed to be good FPS games, I'm sure theres more hardcore FPS people who can reccomend more.

Need for Speed should be good, havent played it since my Playstation days though, Test Drive on the Commodore 64 - loved that! :p

Soldato
I think lots of people are in the same boat, PC games have been crap for ages now. Oblivion is a breath of fresh air, but that's about it on the eye-candy front. All those other FPS mentioned are getting old now and they certainly dont need a £300 card to play em.

I think the main thing thats selling graphics cards at the moment is large, cheaper LCDs, its certainly not games.

Associate
I was looking at getting a 360 with my bonus that I'm getting on friday but It would work out way expensive compared to getting a new card for my pc plus I allways feel like I'm cheating on my pc when I play on my ps2

Soldato
I know what u mean about restart times. I usually have 2 types of FPS that I actually play. I have americasarmy where you can die in 30sec and worst case have to wait 9:30 to restart or BF2 where u start after 15seconds or so.

I really dont have a problem with americas army cause usually I know what Im doing or Im watching over my corpse trying to come up with some new tactics.

I actually noticed Ive not played a game for about 3 weeks cause Ive been on a crusade to cut down the noise from my pc. Ive researched and bought a 19" vx922 which still has a slight background hum to it to replace my crt, also I was researching which case to buy to stick watercooling in but also keep noise down. Ive drilled holes in my case to accomodate the waterpump riding on anti-vibration mount, just need to tube and in case leak test now.

I bought quake 4 but Ive spent about 10 hrs max playing it, I prefered unreal tournament over quake 3 for its more varied gametypes.

I suggest hitting www.gamerhell.com and trying some demos, there are literally hundreds to chose from. This is kind of how I got hooked on star wars galaxies for 18months.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom