10 20 35 Belinea

Associate
Does anyone own this monitor?

What do people think about it? especially for gaming

Anyone have any pictures of it next to their comp? wana see how big n sexy it looks

Thinking about buying it tomorrow, hope some people have some useful advise/pix

thx

Soldato
AFK_Matrix said:
If you want more info on the Belinea look here:

Belinea thread

Its been pushed many pages from the front but contains some good info.

Cheers, looked though it quckly, will have a proper read later :)

Don't know wether just to get this ordered today or for the same price get:

SY-007-ZA Zalman ZM-NB47J Northbridge Cooler (SY-007-ZA)
£3.95 £3.95
FG-024-AK Akasa AK-183-L2B Ultra Quiet 120mm Fan - 3 pin (FG-024-AK)
£8.95 £8.95
FG-000-AR Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro CPU Cooler (Socket 754/939/940) (FG-000-AR)
£12.95 £12.95
KB-060-LG Logitech MX518 Gaming-Grade Optical Mouse (KB-060-LG)
£27.95 £27.95
KB-015-SK Saitek PZ30AU Eclipse Illuminated Keyboard (KB-015-SK)
£24.95 £24.95
SY-008-ZA Zalman VF900-CU Quiet Copper VGA Cooler (SY-008-ZA)
£21.95 £21.95
MO-012-AC Acer AL1916W 19" Widescreen LCD Monitor - Black/Silver (MO-012-AC)
£149.95 £149.95
Subtotal £250.65
VAT £43.87
Total £294.52

?????????????????????

Associate
Just got and tested them. The colour is absolutely fantastic and I'm sure it could be better with some fiddling. There is no ghosting at all, and none of the white blur that I experienced on my old 17" Viewsonic.

I'm now confused as to what to do with all this space.

Man of Honour
dokko said:
They look fantastic.

Anyone know of any good net reivews for these?

Badass, you got these reviewed at your gaff?

hi dokko, the 102035W is covered in quite a lot of depth here including review links and good user comments. It's also in *** sticky, but basically some useful input from members here which has been saved for the guide on that screen. hth

Soldato
Baddass said:
hi dokko, the 102035W is covered in quite a lot of depth here including review links and good user comments. It's also in *** sticky, but basically some useful input from members here which has been saved for the guide on that screen. hth

Could i not just give you the money and you decide what i should get? ;)

Man of Honour
dokko said:
Could i not just give you the money and you decide what i should get? ;)

lol, you could do, but i couldn't guarantee you'd ever get to use the screen :p

what's your uses going to be then? and budget? will try and help you out if you need :)

Soldato
Baddass said:
lol, you could do, but i couldn't guarantee you'd ever get to use the screen :p

what's your uses going to be then? and budget? will try and help you out if you need :)

Well my dilemma is a great one. :D

As it stands i'm using a crappy 17" 8 year old CRT. But another problems with my computer is that its very noisy, and i'm using battered 8 year old mouse & Keyboard.

I'd basically put away some coin for some fans, got looking, found a nice keyboard & mouse, then just as i was about to buy, a Samsung monitor caught my eye. After reading a review on Xbit (i think) it put me off, and said the Viewsonic VX924 was a much better buy.

So i started looking at your TFT guides, other threads and now i'm looking at widescreen TFT's.

So now my dilemma is:

The Viewsonic VX924

The Belinea 102035 (has everything spec wise i'd want)

Or go with the Acer widescreen and get the fans & stuff that i desperatly need. (see list above in other post)

All i came shopping for was an Acellero X1, but after reading it doesn't cool that well, i've opted in my list to get the new Zalman...you see how these things snowball!

If i blow my budget on the Bilenea, i wont be able to get anything else for the computer for at least 2 months (child on the way) and really then i'll be pushed.

But i could get everything i need for it, and still a canny TFT in the Acer, and come 2 months time, either spend it on something else, or just keep it and spend it on my new born son.

(Basically i need to get my computer spending in now, as i wont have another change for 20 years)

PS: Gaming, COD:2 style games, but mainly FM06 & NWN's. Plus lots of surfing, no need for DVD's, but would like it to be compatible for a future xbox 360.

PPS: £300 is basically what i've got to spend how i want.

Last edited:
Soldato
got one of these today
delivered
but it powers for 2-3 secs then off
does it about 3 times during boot
also the screen comes on for 2-3 secs when you power the item on
blue light remains on and that's it
tried 2 puters, vga and dvi
having it lifted next week...DOA :(

any suggestions..don't want to think I've missed something obvious

Man of Honour
dokko, if you don't need to be watching movies then maybe you don't need to spend more getting a screen which is not based on tN Film (ie more expensive)? Obvioulsy the extra res and size of the Belinea is nice to have, and the panel is much more all rounded than the Acer's TN Film panel. However, if you have a kid on the way and need to save money (which might be wise :)) then perhaps saving on the monitor is a good plan. Models like the Acer, or Viewsonic VX924 are just as good, if not better, than the Belinea for gaming and responsiveness. They don't offer the wide viewing angles and smoother movie playback that the Belinea's P-MVA panel can offer, but for web browsing and gaming that isn't important. I think you need to decide whether you can justify spending more given your current situation. If you can, the Belinea's size and res might be a nice thing to have and the screen is more future proof because of this and because of it's more rounded panel performance. However, for your immediate needs, a TN Film model will serve just as well, and give you some money to put aside which i'm sure you will need when the baby comes along :) tough call though.....

Associate
Got one of these which is great until..... got two bands running vertically down the left side of the screen in Windows and games. Shows up really bad on light coloured images, not so bad on dark, but if I open any window in the area of the bands I get horizontal lines across the whole screen too :confused:

Does it through both dvi and vga inputs from two different towers with different gfx cards and different drivers. I'm assuming its borked, but any suggestions before I phone the warranty line??
:(

Back
Top Bottom