Warm Boot issue - OC causing it?

Soldato
Spec is in sig... just wondering as i've ironed out all my problems bar this one. So what causes a warm boot to fail? Cold boots are fine, it's just restarting that's the problem. It's like the computer switches off but doesn't have enough power to restart? It can't be a PSU compatibility issue as i have a Seasonic 600W which the A8N32 mobo has been advertised with, pfft. :D

I've seen various people with problems with this board, but i can only get little information as to why it is doing it.

Soldato
OP
After a few hours spent messing with hardware, i started to look through my BIOS and whaddya know, it was the 1T, 2T Command rate. Simply going back to 2T allowed me to restart properly. Very strange!

The question now though is whether 2T vs 1T is gonna hinder performance. From my research the difference is minimal.

Soldato
Ah, the difference between 1T and 2T, one person says it's huge while another thinks it's small.

my 2p:
I would deffo aim to run with 1T, even if the difference is 5% it is worth it as that is about the same difference between value RAm and expensive RAM that has tighter timings.

Why not try it with slightly higher VDimm?

Back
Top Bottom